I got a large CO2 Bottle and regulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a large CO2 Bottle and regulator

OK guys on advice from this forum I got a large CO2 bottle and regulator for my mig welder. What pressure do I run the gas at?? The guage is in Bars.
    Trust your Hound.

Originally posted by Taliesins
    OK guys on advice from this forum I got a large CO2 bottle and regulator for my mig welder. What pressure do I run the gas at?? The guage is in Bars.

Dunno what pressure, I always set it by sound. Just a bit louder than a mouse fart is about right.

Where did you get your bottle from?

I'm using gas-less welding wire at the moment, only reason being is that I got five reels of it really cheap. Welds just as good as using gas, and no modifications to the welder but creates a load of smoke so I've got a fan blowing it away as I weld.
    Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 13 December 2006, 14:55.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      Dunno what pressure, I always set it by sound. Just a bit louder than a mouse fart is about right.

I'm using gas-less welding wire at the moment, only reason being is that I got five reels of it really cheap. Welds just as good as using gas, and no modifications to the welder but creates a load of smoke so I've got a fan blowing it away as I weld.
      i take it your using c02 gas,i always set it to around 1 bar/14 p.s.i.vince i thought that you had to change the leads over when using gasless welding wire,i.e the earth lead becomes live.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
        i take it your using c02 gas,i always set it to around 1 bar/14 p.s.i.vince i thought that you had to change the leads over when using gasless welding wire,i.e the earth lead becomes live.
        I used to have cheapo halfords Mig, that I just used gas and wire or gasless wire other times (especially if outdoors and windy, gasless was better then.)

Didn't alter anything!

Prahaps why I thought it was rubbish though!!
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

the mig i got at home is a sip gas/gasless welder.there is two points for the earth lead.one is earth,and the other makes it live,for gasless wire welding,i could never get on with the gasless wire.pigeon $$$$ welding.give me a proper three phase welder anyday.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER

I got the bottle off ebay (14.75Kg of gas 33inch high bottle) I have also got one coming from the local Pub. The guage and pipe I got from machinemart.
            I was using mine gassless before but found it had too much spatter. There is another full bottle on ebay at the moment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=1&rd=1:teeth:
            Trust your Hound.

Comment

I had a CO2 bottle with my original welder that I got from a local fire extinguisher place - it was actually a converted fire extinguisher. Have now got a 170A set and use proper Argoshield and the difference is quite noticeable. I have got the advantage that the company bought the bottle though
              Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

C02 is quite bad for spatter aswell but is ok for homework. two thirds of heat is generarted on the positive side of a DC welding circuit, flux cored wire should only be used with the wire negative.

Comment

Working...
                X