Knocking??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knocking??

After jacking my truck up yesterday to grease the props and steering points, I am now getting a knocking from under the gearshift in the tunnel when I start it. It only happens when I start it, after that it's ok.

It's only one or two knocks when the starter is engaged.

Any ideas what would cause this? I haven't been able to get underneath as its pi**ing it down. I'm going to check the tightness of all the rubber mounts, but this is really annoying.

Cheers

Originally posted by M35A2
    After jacking my truck up yesterday to grease the props and steering points, I am now getting a knocking from under the gearshift in the tunnel when I start it. It only happens when I start it, after that it's ok.

It's only one or two knocks when the starter is engaged.

Any ideas what would cause this? I haven't been able to get underneath as its pi**ing it down. I'm going to check the tightness of all the rubber mounts, but this is really annoying.

Cheers

Exhaust knocking? gearbox or engine mounts weak?

Comment

Did you leave the grease gun attached??
      Did I mention I have a BLUE one
      Tony

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires
        Did you leave the grease gun attached??

I wish it was that simple.

As I greased both sliders on the props I thought maybe as they were full of grease they might be pushing the trans out of alignment somehow. But i took her off road for a good workout tonight to get the sliders working properly. But it's still doing it.

I can't imagine why it's suddenly started by just jacking the truck up? It could be the exhaust mountings, but I think it's more to do with the top of the gearbox hitting underneath on start-up. I need a dry day to check it.

Poxy weather....

Comment

Working...
        X