Rubbish Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best cars - G reg Rover 416 GTI, C Reg Cavalier 1.8 CDi

Worst cars - F reg Ford Orion, automatic volvo estate, Peugeot 106 ( the windows wobbled in the wind!!)

Mini's are the joint best and worst cars i've ever had... they're so bad they're great!... (or is that the other way round?)
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

my dad had a rust bucket of a spitfire (i was too young to remember it though) and it was so bad that when someone attempted to steal it, they pushed it away from the house before starting it but when they got it under a street light and saw just how rotten it was ( had just a cracked windscreen, no other windows, no carpets, ripped seats, ripped top, complete heap) they left it there!
      i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

my first ever car was a 1256 viva and to be honest i wish they still made em like it...yeah it werent the most reliable car but at least i only needed a screwdriver and a piece of emery cloth to clean/ adjust the points and you were away. not like todays motors where ya need a £3000 diagnostic scanner to read the damn engine fault codes and a similar bank balance to repair em when the ecu packs up and i lost count of the number of rover 827 and granada/ scorpio 2.8 auto boxes i had to recondition when i was an apprentice
        DONT RUN WIV BIG DOGS IF U CANT PI** UP TALL TREES

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
          Mini's are the joint best and worst cars i've ever had... they're so bad they're great!... (or is that the other way round?)
          Mini's, (originals), are like the Surf. It doesn't matter whether they are great
          or cr@p. You just love them because they have that 'something'.

Comment

well i have sold my surf for the worst car ever,, good ish mpg and an intercooler put dull doesnt even start to describe it, plus got probs with garage that sold it to me........nightmare...any solicitors on here,, i need help

want a surf back as soon as poss
            Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
              Mini's, (originals), are like the Surf. It doesn't matter whether they are great
              or cr@p. You just love them because they have that 'something'.
              yeah... i had a few... the best was a siver and black one... it had to be push started, it leaked from eveywhere when it rained and it stunk!!... i hit a kerb with the sump during some "stunt" driving and the headlights fell out!!

it was only a 1000cc, but did well over 70mph... on the straight and round corners!

Comment

Originally posted by john.sally
                well i have sold my surf for the worst car ever,, good ish mpg and an intercooler put dull doesnt even start to describe it, plus got probs with garage that sold it to me........nightmare...any solicitors on here,, i need help

want a surf back as soon as poss
                is it a 406 hdi??

erm.. i'm just gonna get one of them!... oops!

Comment

how can you possibly compare a surf to a mini
                  im sorry but i absolutely hate any mini or metro..they are $$$$e to drive even worse to work on...dont even get me started on the new mgf's which are basically two $$$$e metros welded together in the middle!!

Comment

is it a 406 hdi??

erm.. i'm just gonna get one of them!... oops!
                    yes it is

mines a 2003 with 91k on the clock since buying it the sat nav dont work central locking remotes have stopped locks have seized and to top it all its been T boned sometime in the past and the tawt i bought it off has said go away, read the attached

oops better not post that on here
                    any way just got aa report result to day.....not good

Comment

Originally posted by WARRIOR72
                      how can you possibly compare a surf to a mini
                      Not comparing, just saying they both have that indefinable presence.
                      Certain vehicles go outside of just being an automotive vehicle. Not because
                      they're special in any of their features or abilities, but because...............

Comment

ah... but has it got a seat and an engine??... that's what i'm looking for!!

i've heard they go great and have awesome fuel economy...

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                          Not comparing, just saying they both have that indefinable presence.
                          Certain vehicles go outside of just being an automotive vehicle. Not because
                          they're special in any of their features or abilities, but because...............
                          dont worry mate i knew what ya meant lol....i just spent about five years of my life fixing and welding them to get em through the mot test just brings back haunting memories of welding burns and arc eye!!

Comment

Originally posted by john.sally
                            yes it is

mines a 2003 with 91k on the clock since buying it the sat nav dont work central locking remotes have stopped locks have seized and to top it all its been T boned sometime in the past and the tawt i bought it off has said go away, read the attached

oops better not post that on here
                            any way just got aa report result to day.....not good
                            Sorry to hear your still having troubles with the vehicle John. Things otherwise
                            okay, I hope? You just want to get every organisation you can involved over
                            it. Doesn't sound like the dealer has a leg to stand upon.

Comment

Originally posted by WARRIOR72
                              dont worry mate i knew what ya meant lol....i just spent about five years of my life fixing and welding them to get em through the mot test just brings back haunting memories of welding burns and arc eye!!
                              Bodywork and chassis longevity never was their strongpoint.

Comment

ah... but has it got a seat and an engine??... that's what i'm looking for!!

i've heard they go great and have awesome fuel economy...
                                2.0 hdi
                                its got an intercooler
                                nice seats
                                roof bars that fit surfs
                                if driven like driving miss daisy then 50+ mpg is avail, but drive it like me and 30 mpg is the norm
                                sat nav
                                air con
                                rcl
                                bordem

Comment

Working...
                                X