Nearly lost it this morning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nearly lost it this morning!

Wow that was mad. Driving into work this morning, took the bend at the usual speed, and the rear slid out on the wet road like never before.

Next thing I knew, i was almost side on in the road, and trying to correct bbut she went too far the other way, then too far back again, then got control again.

Lucky.

Heart was in my mouth. And it was not funny at all.

Beware them wet roads.

Got the Dunlop AT on front and Bridgestone AT on Rear.
    Nili secundum desperandum

Gotta be careful with RWD. When it rains after good dry spell the roads can be very slippy. I always slow down a bit. Cars tend to last longer then! Glad you didnt get hurt!
    Derek :
    1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
    [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Originally posted by FlySurfer - Edy.
      Wow that was mad. Driving into work this morning, took the bend at the usual speed, and the rear slid out on the wet road like never before.

Next thing I knew, i was almost side on in the road, and trying to correct bbut she went too far the other way, then too far back again, then got control again.

Lucky.

Heart was in my mouth. And it was not funny at all.

Beware them wet roads.

Got the Dunlop AT on front and Bridgestone AT on Rear.
      Scary aint it!! Had a similar experience, at low speed too. Switched to a mainly road use Michellin Synchrone. They are like glue in the wet. I might get stuck in mud with them, but at least I'll be alive to tell the tale.
      Pete

Comment

Was thinking of road tyres but . . . I drive on the beach alot and would defo get stuck. No good making her that naggs, nag even more.

Think i'll let me tyres down to 30 again (from 33). Might help a tad.

Cheers!

Ron.

Comment

Glad you are Ok. Dont know if having matching tyres front and rear might help? Dont get the chance to go fast enough myself - being south of Watford Gap
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

did exactly the same!
            mine kicked down a gear half way round a corner and i ended up sideways in the junction!
            fun though!
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Don't sweat it, its cos its been so dry lately, all the oil and fuel dropped on the roads have built up and not been washed away regually, first bit of rain and its fun time!

I had the works van sliding nicely the other day, be thankful you don't ride a bike.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                Don't sweat it, its cos its been so dry lately, all the oil and fuel dropped on the roads have built up and not been washed away regually, first bit of rain and its fun time!

I had the works van sliding nicely the other day, be thankful you don't ride a bike.

I remember the first time i did it, scary, but now i do it for fun you should the faces on some of the other drivers
                Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                My choice
                Back off

Comment

try as i might i just cant get the back to shift at all dry or wet , and i have tried! i did it in an astra on a dry roundabout once but dont know how i did that!
                  so much to do , so little money , so little time

Comment

Originally posted by surffreak
                    try as i might i just cant get the back to shift at all dry or wet , and i have tried! i did it in an astra on a dry roundabout once but dont know how i did that!

your not trying hard enough, right foot down on bend whaaaaaaaayhaaaaaaaaaaay

My 4x4
                    My choice
                    Back off

Comment

hehe, what Koi said, but with a front wheel drive car the go pedal isn't much help apart from getting into the corner quickly, its all about momentum!

Rear drive is so much more fun.
                      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

what tyres are you running on
                        [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
                        [size=5][/size]
                        [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
                          I remember the first time i did it, scary, but now i do it for fun you should the faces on some of the other drivers

Yeh but do you get almost 90 degs to the direction of origional travel ?

I'm still shaking man!!! and -

I Sold me Duke 750 to get this surf!!! so I did ride a bike!

Ciao!

R.

Comment

Originally posted by FlySurfer - Edy.
                            Yeh but do you get almost 90 degs to the direction of origional travel ?

I'm still shaking man!!! and -

I Sold me Duke 750 to get this surf!!! so I did ride a bike!

Ciao!

R.
                            90 degs to direction of travel, now we talking thats the way to do it good show
                            Still shaking?? best cure is to go out and do it again, bit like hair of the dog so to speak.

My 4x4
                            My choice
                            Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
                              90 degs to direction of travel, now we talking thats the way to do it good show
                              Still shaking?? best cure is to go out and do it again, bit like hair of the dog so to speak.
                              Paint the Surf red and white, then you can really feel like Starsky and Hutch.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X