Bull Bar fittings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bull Bar fittings

I have recently bought a Bull Bar off ebay for my 92 SSR-X Surf but it didn't come with any fittings, does anyone know what fittings I will need and if anywhere sells them as a pack?

Bars

Hi is defrenatly a "BULL-BAR" & not an "A-BAR", as you bolt a "BULL-BAR"
    striaght to the CHASSIS in some cases you have to get longer bolts if you are going to put your "TOWING" eye back on and there should be 2 brackets that come out of the air scoops at the bottom of the bumper.
    The "A-BAR" has 2 brackets which bolt to the same place as the "BUUL-
    BAR" but they extend side ways about an 1" and the "A-BAR" bolts on to them.
    Live Life To The Full

Comment

Originally posted by abes232s
      I have recently bought a Bull Bar off ebay for my 92 SSR-X Surf but it didn't come with any fittings, does anyone know what fittings I will need and if anywhere sells them as a pack?
      if you've got a digital camera take some pics where the bolts should go on the bar and post them for all to see.
      If you can't get any then the best thing to do is go to a metal dealers and fabricate your own.
      NO WORRIES!
      Rusty

Comment

Oh how much of a nightmare I have had with the same thing!!!!

The Toyota A-Bar bolts to the chassis as already stated. As standard the towing hook is only on one side (On mine anyway). They are non-metric bolts that from what I can tell destroy their threads as they are bolted in so that they dont come out again. Completely knacked mine getting them out.

Being half asleep I ordered four of the said bolts from Toyota as they are standard to my vehicle took about 2 months (Allthough I think they had them in quickly just didn't bother to phone me!!!) and of course they are too long for the side without the towing hook!!!

I had to get a towing hook from the breakers so that I could get the thing fitted - which incidently is tomorrows job about three months after buying the bar

Unfortunately I know nothing about non-metric threads so I cant tell you what they are if you were to buy nn-Toyota ones.

Rich.
        If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Originally posted by rich
          Oh how much of a nightmare I have had with the same thing!!!!

The Toyota A-Bar bolts to the chassis as already stated. As standard the towing hook is only on one side (On mine anyway). They are non-metric bolts that from what I can tell destroy their threads as they are bolted in so that they dont come out again. Completely knacked mine getting them out.

Being half asleep I ordered four of the said bolts from Toyota as they are standard to my vehicle took about 2 months (Allthough I think they had them in quickly just didn't bother to phone me!!!) and of course they are too long for the side without the towing hook!!!

I had to get a towing hook from the breakers so that I could get the thing fitted - which incidently is tomorrows job about three months after buying the bar

Unfortunately I know nothing about non-metric threads so I cant tell you what they are if you were to buy nn-Toyota ones.

Rich.
          Don't know about the 3rd gens but on my 2.4 the towing hook goes on first. Put one bolt through the front most hole, then bull bar fixing over back hole and then spacer same width as towing hook for the rear bull bar fixing. Then its two spacers or additional towing hook and one spacer for the other side of the bull bar, keeping it all level. Then as said before two supporting brackets through grill of motor and then on to the cross member of the bar.
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

Working...
          X