yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tow Bar...this might be a stupid question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tow Bar...this might be a stupid question....

.......but then I am quite a stupid person! haha basically I got hold of a pretty decent trailor for £50 and have bought a towbar from roughtrax. I thought this would be pretty easy to fit and by what people have said on here it is but a mate of mine has told me I need to make sure that when I bolt it on i have to use a torque wrench to make sure all the bolts are at the right torque setting?? Is this right or can I make do with normal tools as I dont have a torque wrench?

Originally posted by Ian82
    .......but then I am quite a stupid person! haha basically I got hold of a pretty decent trailor for £50 and have bought a towbar from roughtrax. I thought this would be pretty easy to fit and by what people have said on here it is but a mate of mine has told me I need to make sure that when I bolt it on i have to use a torque wrench to make sure all the bolts are at the right torque setting?? Is this right or can I make do with normal tools as I dont have a torque wrench?
    I don't actually know, but it sounds like b0ll0cks to me. Just do them up tight as.

Comment

They don't want to be loose, but f*ck tight with a normal 1/2 socket ratchet (the 12"ish long ones) should be good enough. I always use a breaker bar so get plenty of leverage. Don't go stupid and break them though.

You're only gonna get any hassle if it falls off and causes an accident, then they can prove you didn't do them up tight enough.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Ok thanks very much guys!

Comment

i think they should be 180ft/lb ish which is tight!
          my wrench goes to 150 so i set it on max then go some more
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Two grunts tight at least!!!!!
            Did I mention I have a BLUE one
            Tony

Comment

i can lend you a size 13 boot if you like?
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
              X