£60 for a service. Fair deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• £60 for a service. Fair deal?

Hi, just paid £60 for a service. That's oil, air and fuel filter changed, old oil drainned and system flushed and topped up with semi synthetic. I supplied the filters. I think the price was fair. What do you guys think?
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Originally posted by kameeleon
    Hi, just paid £60 for a service. That's oil, air and fuel filter changed, old oil drainned and system flushed and topped up with semi synthetic. I supplied the filters. I think the price was fair. What do you guys think?
    not bad who did the service?
    colin

Comment

Originally posted by kameeleon
      Oil Filter £7.50
      Fuel filter £6.50
      Oil Semi Synth £14 (7.5 litre)
      Flushing oil 5 litre £ 4.20
      Total £32.20 Do it yourself still £32.20 this is cheaper!!

Joking aside it seems a good price
      Trust your Hound.

Comment

Local garage in my area, Blaydon On Tyne. Known the guy for years and always charges a fair price.

As for changing it myself the residents on my estate do not take kindly to people doing oil changes on their drives, they're afraid it will bring down the value of their properties.

Seriously though it hasn't stopped raining for days and I now feel too old to lie under cars in the wet and have my knuckles skinned and oil run down my arm. I'd rather pay someone else to do it. I'll stick to fixing other peoples computers, it's much easier (and warmer).
        'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Its OK, better than most garages will do. But you still got charged £60 for £15 worth of oil and 1/2 hours work.

A 'service' should include checking the rest of the car over, gearbox oils, brakes, etc......

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
          X