Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
    What's the problem??

Water injection ups the power, doesn't it!!
    Mid Wales for two days and oh, boy even by Welsh standards = WET

So, forgive me for sounding thick, but I can't see the difference (normal wet driving) between having a snork or not!

Your engine needs air , and yes, wet air oh errr missus - gives us all a bit of extra.....

Am I missing something?
    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo

Am I missing something?
      A few more brain cells after a visit to Malvern.

Did you and Lin enjoy it?
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
        So, forgive me for sounding thick, but I can't see the difference (normal wet driving) between having a snork or not!
        I'm with you on that one. I can't see there being any difference between wet air going in a snorkel and wet air going in an intake. We'd all be in a lot of trouble if a little bit of rain was going to cause a problem. Especially with a turbo there, I would have thought it was all evaporated by the time it got near anything that goes bang anyway. Which reminds me, I once had an idea that I could run my 2.4 on veg, throw a potato in the turbo and get chips out of the exhaust. Has anyone tried this?

My parents used to have a Citroen CX. They have the air intakes on the bottom of the engine. My mum drove it through a deep puddle once .

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
          I'm with you on that one. I can't see there being any difference between wet air going in a snorkel and wet air going in an intake. We'd all be in a lot of trouble if a little bit of rain was going to cause a problem. Especially with a turbo there, I would have thought it was all evaporated by the time it got near anything that goes bang anyway. Which reminds me, I once had an idea that I could run my 2.4 on veg, throw a potato in the turbo and get chips out of the exhaust. Has anyone tried this?

My parents used to have a Citroen CX. They have the air intakes on the bottom of the engine. My mum drove it through a deep puddle once .
          Yeah I guess your right. Any small amount of water has to face several hundred degrees temps once it gets near the turbo. Hush my mouth!

Snorkel prices anyone?
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
            Snorkel prices anyone?
            About £150. Try Frog's Island.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
              A few more brain cells after a visit to Malvern.

Did you and Lin enjoy it?
              Malvern was great - The Nags Head oh that beer (I really liked the coriander flavoured one)

And the curry house was top notch.

Yeah we enjoyed (from what I can remember)
              Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Working...
              X