LR Defender - worst car EVER!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LR Defender - worst car EVER!!!

Had to take our Defender 90 to Salisbury Plain today for work as the Warriors weren't available.

1) At 70mph on the M5, the noise level was so high we had to shout to each other.
    2) My right hand and right ankle were frozen due to a cold wind blowing through the dash and footwell and my ankle is aching like hell now.
    3) The main-beam packed in, so I had to drive off the plain on sidelights. When I got back to civilisation I had to strip out the steering column trim and clean up the switch to get the lights working properly so I could deafen myself on the way home.
    4) It drank more than Oliver Reed on a bender.
    5) It's sh*t!

I've just got home and have a headache. Getting into the Surf was like going from a Proton to a Merc! I will NEVER EVER EVER have a bl00dy Landrover!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Originally posted by Apache
    Had to take our Defender 90 to Salisbury Plain today for work as the Warriors weren't available.

1) At 70mph on the M5, the noise level was so high we had to shout to each other.
    2) My right hand and right ankle were frozen due to a cold wind blowing through the dash and footwell and my ankle is aching like hell now.
    3) The main-beam packed in, so I had to drive off the plain on sidelights. When I got back to civilisation I had to strip out the steering column trim and clean up the switch to get the lights working properly so I could deafen myself on the way home.
    5) It's sh*t!

I've just got home and have a headache. Getting into the Surf was like going from a Proton to a Merc! I will NEVER EVER EVER have a bl00dy Landrover!

Good to know our country uses the best machines to defend us.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      Good to know our country uses the best machines to defend us.
      Just thought of a few more things I just remembered...

6) The windscreen wipers are useless, and park themselves randomly all over the screen.

7) You cant steer properly because your right elbow is hard against the door all of the time.

8) When the rain got heavy, water was coming through the dashboard!

9) It's an R reg, and it's rusting all over the place!

Why do people still buy this heap of junk when there are properly engineered, reliable vehicles out there? Oh yeah, it's all 'character' isn't it?

I've got to go and do the same thing again on Thursday, in the same crock of ****.

Comment

Just thought of a few more things I just remembered...

6) The windscreen wipers are useless, and park themselves randomly all over the screen.

7) You cant steer properly because your right elbow is hard against the door all of the time.

8) When the rain got heavy, water was coming through the dashboard!

9) It's an R reg, and it's rusting all over the place!

Why do people still buy this heap of junk when there are properly engineered, reliable vehicles out there? Oh yeah, it's all 'character' isn't it?

I've got to go and do the same thing again on Thursday, in the same crock of ****.

Can't you crash it on the way there? Or accidently fill up with the wrong fuel?

Or maybe wave a bowl of salt in front of it and it will just rust away in front of your very eyes!.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          Can't you crash it on the way there? Or accidently fill up with the wrong fuel?

Or maybe wave a bowl of salt in front of it and it will just rust away in front of your very eyes!.
          Accidentally park it at an AS90's target point and run like hell!

Anyway... nighty night! Got to try to get warm!

Comment

A friend of mine bought one recently. He paid 5 times as much for his 90 as I did for my Surf. It's 3 years old, and before he picked it up it had to spend nearly a week in the dealers shop having a leak sorted.

I have no idea why he did it.
            Paul </Slugsie>
            Immortal.so far!

Comment

5) It's sh*t!

I think ya deserve a Medal for driving a L/R & isn't it Driving without due care & attention or dangerous Driving at over 50mph !!!!

There's always a Payback...You just can't appreciate a good Surf too much!!
              Buncefield Burner

Comment

Yep, I have no idea why [people spend so much money on them when they could have a Surf...defies logic.

Hehe...if I could sort out my wandering issue, my surf would be amazing...

Any Surf ers in the Clacton area???
                [I][B]96 3rd Gen in bluuuueeeee[/B]I]

Comment

Freelanders are worse

Trust me, a LR 90 is a god compared to that joke of a wago, the Freelander !

Prob with the 90 is its too small, 110 is more like it, but you cant beat the comfort of a jap wagon eh!

Comment

why do people buy freelanders

another comment on the Freelanders

why do people buy them ??

every car survey I see the freelander gets slated!? on reliability stakes
                    surely the people buying them are aware, and they must have strong rose tinted spectacles!

A friend of my parents has had 3 gearboxes on a deisel freelander!!

i read of owners who moan about theres being unreliable, then say they are considering the new model!!!

on subject of proper landrovers: drove my brothers defender, he is a vet, nice to try it, but would like to live with it, yes its great offroad, but unrefined on road.
                    he still got it stuck on a few farms, but it did have road tyres! - why i asked!

he doesnt have it now, as a woman drove into side of him when he was turning right off a main road, woman decided to overtake him even though he was slowing and indicating!
                    her almera was written off!!
                    landy needs new drivers door and sill bending back and welding, but practice has sold it on
                    Landcruiser Colorado
                    Sub. Forester

Comment

anyone see clarksons opinion of land rovers in the sunday times magazine?? that cant have helped their sales..
                      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Dear God!!Thank Heavens....

You did'nt have to do as many miles as I have had to in a Champ...These things were very noisy at 30mph let alone anywhere approaching 50 let alone 70 which I doubt they or I could sustain for long. Plus you had to wedge yourself in (no doors).But then I have had to rebuild a fair few 'air transportable' Landies for sudden short service (these were vehicles that only had to survive for 15-20 hours...hostile environment don't you know and were not expected to return..no reflection on my work you dont leave a bunch of guys stranded now do you.) Now whenever I pass a military convoy I always think of the poor sods that have no choice but to be in these junk heaps (not my work either). Originally designed as a poor mans tractor and thats where they should stay.
                        5) It's sh*t!

I've just got home and have a headache. Getting into the Surf was like going from a Proton to a Merc! I will NEVER EVER EVER have a bl00dy Landrover![/QUOTE]
                        Last edited by The Mechanic; 6 December 2006, 15:44. Reason: Spelling error

Comment

Hmmmm an R-reg Defender.

Try 30,000 miles a year in a series 3. At least the Defender's got brake discs, coil springs, head rests, one-piece doors, wind-down windows ....

Luxury. Pure luxury.

Comment

Land Rover parts sales is big business, I should know I sell them for a living. Thank goodness that there not as reliable as a Toyota otherwise I would be out of a job.

Comment

my dad bought a brand new defender 3.5 v8 in 1984, he sold it 6 years ago with 365000 on the clock, it was an ab0solute beast, admittedly the gearbox(stronger santana type) did get replaced but other than very regular oil changes didn't get too much attention but it just kept going and going so they are not all bad
                              Bunkle
                              Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Working...
                              X