Automatic transmission fluid level???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic transmission fluid level???

I consulted a copy of the Surf Owners Handbook (CD) yesterday and it would appear that the level is high? Checked it (COLD) after it had been standing all night and the fluid is at the top of the “HOT” range on the dip stick. Not had chance to check it HOT yet as I’ve parked on uneven ground at work today.

Do I need to remove the surplus?

If so, is the filler / level inspection plug mentioned in the “checking TRANSFER fluid (vehicles with automatic transmission)” section of the CD (page 137 of the Owners Handbook) the correct plug to undo?

I’ve had this Surf 7 weeks and it has been fine. I have not needed to add any transmission fluid and assumed it was OK as it had plenty in the gearbox. I guess the previous owner (after Bob) or the Garage might have topped it up?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Originally posted by PDR
    I consulted a copy of the Surf Owners Handbook (CD) yesterday and it would appear that the level is high? Checked it (COLD) after it had been standing all night and the fluid is at the top of the “HOT” range on the dip stick. Not had chance to check it HOT yet as I’ve parked on uneven ground at work today.

Do I need to remove the surplus?

If so, is the filler / level inspection plug mentioned in the “checking TRANSFER fluid (vehicles with automatic transmission)” section of the CD (page 137 of the Owners Handbook) the correct plug to undo?

I’ve had this Surf 7 weeks and it has been fine. I have not needed to add any transmission fluid and assumed it was OK as it had plenty in the gearbox. I guess the previous owner (after Bob) or the Garage might have topped it up?

Thanks in advance for your help.

You check the level with the engine running!

Comment

See here....

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...smission+fluid

Comment

OR HERE..........

http://www.hiluxsurf.eu/faq_service.htm#autobox

Comment

Are you all just endorsing my comment, or is it that you don't believe me?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            Are you all just endorsing my comment, or is it that you don't believe me?
            Providing additional layers of detail beyond your somewhat superficial response.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
              Providing additional layers of detail beyond your somewhat superficial response.

Its your own fault Vince, no one can normally reply before you, so additional facts is all that left to add.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks for the help

I’m not quite sure what is going on behind the scenes with you guys, but cheers anyway.
                Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by PDR
                  I’m not quite sure what is going on behind the scenes with you guys, but cheers anyway.

Best you don't know, for your own sanity.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                  X