Tow info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tow info needed

Hi, I am in a bit of a sopt! I live in Bulgaria, witha motorhome which has no tax or insurance on it. Anyway, I am getting my Hilux over the next week. I have a trailer which its possible to just about fit this motorhome on. Brain storm here. Would the Hilux pull it all OK. it's 92 2.4TD auto. the motorhome is 3800KG's and the tailer is probably 8 or 900KG's am I having a laugh thinking this could be possible, to drag it back to the UK?

No expert on this but I would thing youre having a laugh. Not only that I think youd be way way in excess of legal loads even if it would tow it.

Someone will appear soon with all the facts and figures but as far as I know the most you could drag behind a Surf would be about 1500kg

Do a search, the info is in here somewhere

Bogus
    Сви можемо

Comment

4,500+kg

I think you'd get about 100 yards before it all blew up.

Comment

about as likely as.....
        Dan

Comment

What's plan B?

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
            What's plan B?

Nev

Seriously, we've towed pushing 3000kg with our 3.0 at times (another Surf on a big trailer) and it doesn't like hills much ie, 30mph in 2nd on the red line, temp just under red, etc....

I wouldn't try it with a 2.4, let alone towing anything bigger.

1500kg is the max trailer weight for a US 2nd gen 4Runner, a Surf won't be much different.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks for the info

Yea I thought almost as much! I am being silly again. Never mind. I checked it out and I think it says around 2000Kg's total MAX. Anyway I am no near that (having a laugh, Iddiot, Still worth a thought) Still got to get this $$$$$$ motorhome back to the UK. Ummmmmm! Anyone want a job for a week?
              Any know anyone with 7.5 tone flat bed,??????
              Last edited by normski26; 4 December 2006, 17:21.

Comment

Towing

I regularly tow a ifor williams 12' trailer that weighs 750kg on its own, I have had 2 tonne of gravel in it and my 2.4 has been fine, but it is a little slow on the hills...
                Keep it greasey so it'll go down easy...

Comment

Originally posted by Pika1971
                  I regularly tow a ifor williams 12' trailer that weighs 750kg on its own, I have had 2 tonne of gravel in it and my 2.4 has been fine, but it is a little slow on the hills...
                  Apart from the clutch.....

Got anywhere with that yet?

Comment

Originally posted by normski26
                    Yea I thought almost as much! I am being silly again. Never mind. I checked it out and I think it says around 2000Kg's total MAX. Anyway I am no near that (having a laugh, Iddiot, Still worth a thought) Still got to get this $$$$$$ motorhome back to the UK. Ummmmmm! Anyone want a job for a week?

Hire a VW Toerag V10 for the week-end, they can pull Jumbo jets you know!

Comment

Clutch

Affraid not Tony, it looks like it might be a seal as I have some fluids leaking, I have taken some pics of the bell housing and posted them on my clutch thread, I would be very intersted in your opinion.
                      I was thinking of asking you to take a look at it, if you would be so good as I need a full service too, I have never changed the belts and have a winter trip to the French Alps in a few weeks.

Comment

I was thinking of asking you to take a look at it, if you would be so good as I need a full service too, I have never changed the belts and have a winter trip to the French Alps in a few weeks.
                        Happy to give to a going over, but will have to wait till after Christmas now as no room in the diary anymore

Comment

Thanks Tony, let me know when and I will drop it in to you...

I apprieciate your help..

Comment

You've got me thinking.... I tow 2.5 tonnes of sand/gravel on a 750Kg ifor trailer but that's with my V8 hilux pick up.
                            Smack it with a 16lb Hammer and it will come off!

Comment

Originally posted by normski26
                              it would overload that too!
                              Last edited by da SLUG man; 8 December 2006, 23:37. Reason: i talk $$$$
                              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                              X