i want a dog!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toyney
    nobodys mentioned a whippet or a greyhound...
    they are very very easy to keep, affectionate, clean, minimal grooming, can be left for a full day in a house without much fear of coming home to carnage. all they ask is a decent walk each day... whippets only need a small walk. v good with kids too and you can race them if you want. its great fun.
    Another vote for a greyhound here - they don't need much attention or much walking, are very affectionate, love a good fuss, not at all snappy or grumpy - I have 2, most recent addition is my third

Get one from a trainer - the one I get mine from usually has at least 15 waiting for homes, they are free.

Home visit from the centre will be to check out you have the space you say you have & that your garden is well fenced

Comment

if its a rescue sight hound, it might be an ex worker and liable to be a bit single minded around small furry animals... (i got one of them too.. )
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

What about a Jack Russell, they don't mind living in apartment blocks, just ask Martin, Frasier Crane's dad.

Comment

Originally posted by Nellington
          At the risk of being shouted at for owning what has now become a taboo dog, I have a rottie and he is absolutly perfect. No good for a flat though.........

He is actually the reason I bought a Surf in the first place, to transport him and the Springer around.
          shouted at? why? it's the dumb ass owners who turn all dogs bad, not the breed. rottie's are the most affectionate dogs you can get as long as they're shown attention and discipline from a pup...they (like all dogs) only go bad when mistreated and neglected.

having said that, you can't ever trust any dog with kids 100%, regardless of breed or upbringing.
          i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            What about a Jack Russell, they don't mind living in apartment blocks, just ask Martin, Frasier Crane's dad.
            yeah, but that apartment was as big as most 3 bed houses over here!

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
              yeah, but that apartment was as big as most 3 bed houses over here!
              True, but he did spend most of the time on that manky old chair.

Comment

True, but he did spend most of the time on that manky old chair.
                but either martin or daphne always took him to the park.

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
                  but either martin or daphne always took him to the park.

Did you know that he's dead now?.....errr, the dog I mean, real name moose, lived 'till he was 16!

Comment

Did you know that he's dead now?.....errr, the dog I mean, real name moose, lived 'till he was 16!
                    they used a different one towards the end of the show as well i think.

Comment

also, I wouldnt bother with a pedigree dog, waste ofr money when theres so many needy dogs at the RSPCA or Blue Cross or Battersy

I bought a chihuahua 2 years ago, and hes great, i got him cheap because hes a bit of a mongrel pedigree. I didnt realise back then that chihuahuas were all the rage or going to be super popular ( i dont watch tv, listen to the news or radio or read any newspapers because I like to live in my own little world or cars motorbikes and pushbikes)
                      these days a chihuahua will set you back 1000 finest sterling. sod that!
                      now im afraid to leave him in the car alone for fear of having him nicked instead of the radio.
                      wish Id got a whippet, I love those and nobody wants to nick one because they arent fashionable.

still, when i take the dog for a run down the towpath when he gets knackered after a few miles I can stick him in my rucksack and hes quite happy. hes not a snappy yappy dog like most people would imagine a small dog can be.

dogs ay!
                      she's no angel

Comment

Originally posted by Toyney

still, when i take the dog for a run down the towpath when he gets knackered after a few miles I can stick him in my rucksack and hes quite happy. hes not a snappy yappy dog like most people would imagine a small dog can be.

dogs ay!
                        He was cool when he came to visit us.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

My mate has a greyhound (Boris Naebaws), Boris can eat a whole sheep in less than 10 seconds still bleeting but te worst part of any greyhound has to be the ultrapong breath, they ming BIG time.

Comment

why get a dog

why get a dog . you need a dobermann anything else is just a dog
                            black n tan
                            black n tan
                            yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

Might just be able to help out here. Thinking of giving my old lady the 'spanish archer'
                              Drop me a line and I'll gladly organise.
                              Always in the sh1t. Only the depth ever changes.

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                                any recommendations for a dog to live in a 2 bed flat with 2 young children (7&2)?

i want company on my numerous "walks" to the shops!... (smoke breaks!!)

also got 2 cats, 2 mice & 2 giant african land snails!...

also wouldn't mind going in the car!

saw a nice staff/lab cross at battersea at the weekend... what do you think??

p.s. i've got a 3 bed bungalow with HUGE garden, but it would have to be good for going to flat A LOT.

also be good with other dogs, i.e. my mates got a burmese mountain dog
                                Matt are you settling down mate
                                as you used to pick one up every friday nite up the Pub
                                Enjoying Life after Cancer
                                Pops

Comment

Working...
                                X