i want a dog!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i want a dog!

any recommendations for a dog to live in a 2 bed flat with 2 young children (7&2)?

i want company on my numerous "walks" to the shops!... (smoke breaks!!)

also got 2 cats, 2 mice & 2 giant african land snails!...

also wouldn't mind going in the car!

saw a nice staff/lab cross at battersea at the weekend... what do you think??

p.s. i've got a 3 bed bungalow with HUGE garden, but it would have to be good for going to flat A LOT.

also be good with other dogs, i.e. my mates got a burmese mountain dog
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

staff cross sounds good...usually, staffs are good with children and a cross would be even better.

my brother has a staff cross, 7 kids at home and the dog is good as gold with all of them.
    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

a staffie/lab will pull like a sod on the lead, given half a chance...
      all depends on how they are raised, if a dog is socialized properly most breeds are ok with kids/cats etc.. the rehomers will 'test' the dog to see if it is ok with cats..(no, they wont let you watch..) its just as important the kids are ok with dogs...
      good luck!
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Ridgeback all the way. Make sure you get a puppy though so it gets used to the kids & doesn't eat them.

Comment

it was this one (or one like it!)... it gave me a good vibe when i looked at it... and was called Sausage!

particularly liked it cos it didn't have the kind of look of a fighting dog like staffs can... i don't wanna look a tw@t walking round mrs slugs rough estate with a little dog with studded collar and horse brass on the lead!!
          Last edited by da SLUG man; 3 December 2006, 23:16.

Comment

test drive is the only way to find out. good luck!

know what you mean there! identical colouring as my bro's cross, but face very labbie isn't it! don't know what his is crossed with though?

Comment

dont want to put you off the dog at battersea matt but a lot of pitbulls around here are said to be staff x labs have nothing against pitbulls owned one that loved my daughter aged 2 at the time
              long as it gets plenty of exercise it shouldnt matter where it lives
              working type dogs usually need more mental stimulation than pet types
              i own a bulldog , ridgeback, and lab all get on well but the trd can be a bit feisty with strange dogs[she got attacked when she was younger ]
              good luck with whatever dog you get ,

ps try to buy from family bred dog
              Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
                dont want to put you off the dog at battersea
                it was the posh battersea dogs home, in Windsor!... hehehe!!... not the inner city one!

also in windsor, they've got a department store with a HUGE toy dept.!!
                me and Charlie ahd a lightsabre fight!!

Comment

i got one like that. she's great!
                  it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                    it was the posh battersea dogs home, in Windsor!... hehehe!!... not the inner city one!

also in windsor, they've got a department store with a HUGE toy dept.!!
                    me and Charlie ahd a lightsabre fight!!
                    that's where our Max came from!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                      any recommendations for a dog to live in a 2 bed flat with 2 young children (7&2)?

i want company on my numerous "walks" to the shops!... (smoke breaks!!)

also got 2 cats, 2 mice & 2 giant african land snails!...

also wouldn't mind going in the car!

saw a nice staff/lab cross at battersea at the weekend... what do you think??

p.s. i've got a 3 bed bungalow with HUGE garden, but it would have to be good for going to flat A LOT.

also be good with other dogs, i.e. my mates got a burmese mountain dog

Cant u take the 2 giant african land snails for a walk to the shops it may take a little longer but its a walk
                      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

staff/lab sounds like a good combination.
                        staffs are renouned for being great with kids and labs are good workers/learners.
                        my brother got a staff/GSD cross and she is fantastic with the bairns.
                        Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Staffie's are thick, demand mega attention AND it will eat your house.

Springer Spaniel bitch thats wot you need.

Comment

it would never come in my house... it'll live in the garden!

but Mrs slug will have to put it up for the night when i visit...
                            it can eat her house!!

Comment

AND staffie's dont do walks they do do drags & pulls kinda like a gay dog thing (you are it's bitch). Did I mention they hate everything else on four legs so get insurance and first name terms with a vet.

Comment

Working...
                              X