Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by logey79
    that's where our Max came from!
    did they do a home visit?... what do they interview you about?

or is it pretty much, can you afford vets bills,... ok, it's yours.
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Nismo
      Ridgeback all the way. Make sure you get a puppy though so it gets used to the kids & doesn't eat them.

Absolutly, I was raised with Ridgebacks and German Sheperds Ridgebacks are one of the most intellegent dogs and you can't get better with kids. Must be a puppy!

Comment

here you go. but they never came to visit ...think they were just keen to get rid of the big hairy lump!

http://keyword.netscape.com/ns/boomf...253Fid%253D111

(sorry, don't know how to shrink link size!)
        i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Christ, are you sure you couldn't have found a longer url?

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
            Christ, are you sure you couldn't have found a longer url?
            i know! technophobe here, no idea how to do the little neat link thing you fab blokes manage to do!
            i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Must admit, I've no idea how they do that either.

Comment

get a Gordon Setter they're lovely dogs and you can either have the show breed or the hunting breed.The show breed is a bit bigger then the english and red setters and the Gordons are shorter and stockier you cant go wrong with one of these
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
                  i know! technophobe here, no idea how to do the little neat link thing you fab blokes manage to do!
                  All you do, is once you've inserted the web address into the little box, press enter, and it then moves it into the typing window. Now, just type the words you want to be written for the link. Don't press any other key before you start typing.. When you've done the link typing, press the 'end' key, to move to the end of the line, and carry on typing..
                  It just does, OK?

Comment

If you've got the money and don't mind dribble, I'd go for a setter every time. Otherwise, some kind of collie or a manky mongrel.

I would steer clear of stupid little muscley dogs myself. Partly because they're obnoxious bitey b@stards and partly because that's what all the gay boys in Sydney have (in their Jeep Wranglers).

Comment

nobodys mentioned a whippet or a greyhound...
                      they are very very easy to keep, affectionate, clean, minimal grooming, can be left for a full day in a house without much fear of coming home to carnage. all they ask is a decent walk each day... whippets only need a small walk. v good with kids too and you can race them if you want. its great fun.

I hate any kind of fighting dog, you never know which way they will turn.. nice cudlly having fun one minute... bite your kiddies pony tail off the next.

hunting dogs are good, spaniels... or
                      a king charles spaniel... they still havent ammended the law introduced by kind charles and all those dogs are legally allowed into any shop you like... its the law!
                      she's no angel

Comment

You mean like this?

It works.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
                          I would steer clear of stupid little muscley dogs myself. Partly because they're obnoxious bitey b@stards and partly because that's what all the gay boys in Sydney have (in their Jeep Wranglers).
                          Can always rely on you for the down to earth answers.

Comment

At the risk of being shouted at for owning what has now become a taboo dog, I have a rottie and he is absolutly perfect. No good for a flat though.........

He is actually the reason I bought a Surf in the first place, to transport him and the Springer around.

Comment

Our two Labs are totally cool, I love them to bits. You won't two nicer laid back dogs, but when you want to play they will keep you entertained for hours. but you know them as well!!

Poppy came from a family in a flat with a reputation for ruining the place, but she was shut in all day on her own so its no wonder!!

Since she's been here and gets attention and more important exercise she is as good as gold.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I have 2 Ridgebacks and they are fantastic, however in my opinion they do need a bit of space and you HAVE to excercise them, a flat would not be Ideal.

You really won`t go far wrong with a Lab or a Retriever, also as said above greyhounds can be good pets, they are basically pretty lazy around the house as long as they have a run once a day.

Here is a pic of my boys.

[center] [/center]

Comment

Working...
                                X