Oil pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil pressure

Anyone know what is the ideal oil pressure for the 2.4 2nd generation in respect of the dash guage? If you take the guage as being four segments then I am assuming that as long as it is in the second or third then all is ok. Mine sits just at the beginning of the second segment at idle when hot but never goes much past 60% of the second segment, even when the revs are up. There are know undue noises/rumbles so am not too concerned but would appreciate feedback as to whether this is average/normal.

Well... when my 2nd gen starts cold the pressure is up to half way on the gauge... but say after driving hard with the engine hot and stopping at lights...the needle just sits after the first small segment on the gauge... sounds the same as yours...

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by beaufighter
      Anyone know what is the ideal oil pressure for the 2.4 2nd generation in respect of the dash guage? If you take the guage as being four segments then I am assuming that as long as it is in the second or third then all is ok. Mine sits just at the beginning of the second segment at idle when hot but never goes much past 60% of the second segment, even when the revs are up. There are know undue noises/rumbles so am not too concerned but would appreciate feedback as to whether this is average/normal.

See post 7 in this thead

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...t=Oil+pressure
      I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Thanks for the replies and info. Thought it was ok but this confirms.

Comment

Working...
        X