New surfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New surfer

Hi everyone i was thinking of buying a surf and have seen quite a few nice ones. I like the look of this one but was wondering what you all think, is it worth bidding on.
    Thanks in advance.http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1993-TOYOTA-HI...QQcmdZViewItem

If he knows it has a problem but hasn't been bothered to do anything about
    it, especially for something as 'supposedly' basic as checking the ATF fluid,
    I'd personally avoid that one like the plague.

Comment

Thanks for that. Ihave sent an email to him asking about the gearbox and he said the oil levels are ok so if it works ok after 5or10 mins is this still a bargin or not.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabe surfer
        Thanks for that. Ihave sent an email to him asking about the gearbox and he said the oil levels are ok so if it works ok after 5or10 mins is this still a bargin or not.

Is possibly replacing a screwed auto gearbox your idea of a bargain? Don't
        go for sh1te. If it was easily sortable, no one in their right mind would have
        left it untouched for several months.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
          Is possibly replacing a screwed auto gearbox your idea of a bargain? Don't
          go for sh1te. If it was easily sortable, no one in their right mind would have
          left it untouched for several months.
          Can i just tell you this is not sh1te as you say this is a great SURF it is just i have not had the time to take it to a garage and get it sorted as i have been working away from home as i drive artics and am away from home all week.

Comment

Originally posted by mattys surf
            Can i just tell you this is not sh1te as you say this is a great SURF it is just i have not had the time to take it to a garage and get it sorted as i have been working away from home as i drive artics and am away from home all week.
            Hell. Didn't realise it was yours. Seriously, though, for how long checking
            or changing the fluid takes, you should know better than to leave something
            like that. It's such a straight forward job, you could do a full ATF fluid change
            in under an hour. It would take away any level of doubt as to the condition of
            the autobox. Not trying to upset you, , but without the fluid being changed
            so that you can prove that is the only problem with it, I would still recommend
            that the buyer beware.

p.s: At least I was spot on about the 'no one in their right mind'. Typical
            forum member.
            Last edited by MattF; 2 December 2006, 15:30.

Comment

i clicked on the link b4 reading the rest of this thread and said to the mrs that looks like Matty's surf.It was the red mud flaps that gave it away.
              i had always liked the look of it tho Matt
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

So should I just carry on digging this hole that I'm in then?

Comment

Hell. Didn't realise it was yours. Seriously, though, for how long checking
                  or changing the fluid takes, you should know better than to leave something
                  like that. It's such a straight forward job, you could do a full ATF fluid change
                  in under an hour. It would take away any level of doubt as to the condition of
                  the autobox. Not trying to upset you, , but without the fluid being changed
                  so that you can prove that is the only problem with it, I would still recommend
                  that the buyer beware.

p.s: At least I was spot on about the 'no one in their right mind'. Typical
                  forum member.
                  I have checked the fluid levels and they are all ok,its just getting the time and the weather to get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by mattys surf
                    I have checked the fluid levels and they are all ok,its just getting the time and the weather to get it done.
                    Not the best time of year for external work, is it. Apologies, BTW. If I'd
                    realised it was yours first off, I would have approached the subject in a
                    different manner.

Comment

So should I just carry on digging this hole that I'm in then?
                      if you dig it deep enough you can have your own inspection pit..

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                        if you dig it deep enough you can have your own inspection pit..
                        I think I've created a full underground garage upto just.

Comment

with a basement !!!!!!!

Cellar Dweller
                          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

go any deeper and you'll have your own mine

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                              go any deeper and you'll have your own mine
                              yea full of noodles
                              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X