Help please just drove my 1st Surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Nismo, and welcome to the nuthouse

I would imagine it's sitting on the equivalent of a 31 inch tyre on a 15 inch rim, which is roughly the norm for a standard (unlifted) Surf.

If it's got Jap tyres on it then I would seriously consider replacing them, their condition is usually questionable, the rubber harder, and therefore the handling tends to be "Interesting", especially in the wet :eel:

Cellar Dweller
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Hi & Welcome Bud, after sitting on the floor with Go kart like steering & handling & then sitting twice as High & a totally different driving position with an Offroader charectoristics is bound to feel & drive different............
      Don't hurt to Checkout steering Components tho, just to be sure !!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Good Luck M8

There's always a Payback.... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Piker
        Impressed you know what Esox is. Please don't open that can of worms, if Sumo is watching it'll be all hairdresser and plastic jokes!!!
        I think 3rd gens are better. 3.0l tdi really rocks. Comfortable cruising at 90mph (of course I never do!) Trouble is if you drive one you won't want a 2nd gen!!!!

Course i know mate. Just turned down a couple of days piking on the broads cos i couldn't get there. Was all ready to go & then i sold my car. Although i still have it i didn't want to risk driving it.
        A good mate & 2 of his mates have 2 boats out between them for a week. Really gutted i didn't make it. Even more so when he texted me to let me know he just had a 20

Comment

Thanks for all the welcomes I think (sadly lol) im gonna enjoy it on here

Now where is the "Free Horsepower" thread

Comment

Originally posted by Nismo
            Thanks for all the welcomes I think (sadly lol) im gonna enjoy it on here

Now where is the "Free Horsepower" thread
            Here!!
            It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo

I looked at that earlier Give it time it will grow

This 1 has been going for 5 years & has had over 110,000 views http://www.skylinesdownunder.com/for...ree+horsepower

Comment

I looked at that earlier Give it time it will grow
                Ever get that feeling of Deja Vu? Sure I've heard that before.

Welcome to the weird place.

Comment

welcome to the site nismo , im bidding on that truck as well ...........

not really youll get used to our sense of humour on here lol
                  Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

You guys need some new smileys lol. Where's :doh:

I've been on the site where you post (I think when I went through a Skyline 'phase')

The Skyline is the only other vehicle I want - I've had my tank for nearly 4 years and sadly all I do is save money then do some mod or other.

Get used to a slower pace of life - but you can really scare the hell out of peeps when you fill their rear mirrors.
                    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Piker
                      Impressed you know what Esox is. Please don't open that can of worms, if Sumo is watching it'll be all hairdresser and plastic jokes!!!
                      I think 3rd gens are better. 3.0l tdi really rocks. Comfortable cruising at 90mph (of course I never do!) Trouble is if you drive one you won't want a 2nd gen!!!!
                      Dont listen to 'John Frieda Tresemme' here

I drove a 3rd gen *before* I bought a 2nd. Sure, its a nice motor, a bit quieter and perhaps a bit more civilised than the 2nd gen, but the 2nd gen is more like a proper truck than an SUV IMHO. I dunno, I just prefer the look and feel of the 2nd. They're all great trucks and you'll be happy with whatever you buy. Just be ready to change your name to Vidal Sassoon if you buy a 3rd gen though
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Yeh the 2nd gen looks best by miles. 3rd gen looks a bit like a girls truck. Sorry if i've offended anybody but they just look like they are more at home on tarmac & carting scissors & hairspray round to the girls.

Boyo im aka Eddie on www.skylineowners.com & www.skyline-owners-club.com

Comment

and you know what all these 3rd gen owners sing while driving

Hair rollers,tongs and combs tongs and combs.
                          Hair rollers tongs and combs tongs and combs

to the tune of
                          head shoulders knees and toes knees and toes
                          head shoulders knees and toes knees and toes
                          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

PMSL

Comment

[quote=stormforce1067]and you know what all these 3rd gen owners sing while driving

.........past 1st & 2nd gens!
                              Nil illegitimi carborundum

Comment

Welcome Nismo, looks like you'll fit in here quite well with all us nutters, glad to hear you're not gonna be a hairdresser as bits of the plastic keep falling off dont they Martin (ace piker) lol
                                If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Working...
                                X