Won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Won't start

No, not the Surf, but my Vauxhall Frontera of course! Any suggetions (apart from sell it or s$$$$ it appreciated as I have had it from new (J) plate and it is a minter with only 30k on the clock and something I want to keep) Everything fine until one morning absolutely nothing on the starter. No clicking and I have checked the fuses. Definately not the battery as lights are ok. Only pointer is that when the ignition switch is turned the volts drop on the gauge indicating that current is going somewhere. I suspect it may be the solenoid but before I take things apart has anyone any ideas please?

yeah, solenoid... if the voltage drops then the coil is energising, but no contact.

try connecting the starter direct to the battery and see if it will start (you might be able to short it with a spanner, but i don't know the layout)
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

SET FIRE TO IT.no sounds like you may have an open circuit on the starter.have you tried banging it with a large metal implement.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Have you actually checked the battery? A bulb takes a damned sight less
        current to work than a starter.

Comment

Thanks for the advice I'll try all of these at the weekend, apart from the set fire to it of course unless that happens when shorting it with a spanner!!

Comment

Working...
          X