Beware!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware!!!

Thought i would let you guys know that my mate got his surf pulled over and had his tank dipped . There was the police the dvla and they were pulling diesels over and checking the tanks. This was in Plymouth by argile stadium!

Better not put any more svo in the tank till i get the paper work sorted!

it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Didn't think it would take them long to start. Never disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
      Didn't think it would take them long to start. Never disappointed.

It's all planned. They show how veg oil can be used in diesel engines on telly programs like 5th gear, gloss over the 'tax must be paid for using it' bit, everyone goes to Tescos and fills up with veg oil and gets pulled on the way home by the D.O.T and customs.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        It's all planned. They show how veg oil can be used in diesel engines on telly programs like 5th gear, gloss over the 'tax must be paid for using it' bit, everyone goes to Tescos and fills up with veg oil and gets pulled on the way home by the D.O.T and customs.

OOOhhh, I like that level of paranoia Vince. Join the club. Wouldn't be
        surprising though. They'd be scuppered at dipping if someone's running a
        second tank, though, unless they could see it.

I seem to remember reading one of the regs that said you could actually
        refuse on the spot tests as long as you agreed to go to a testing location
        within a specified time period?

Comment

They’d be welcome to dip my tank any time.........

all they’ll find is PETROL

No stinky oil for me
          Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

They can dip away, we're reg'ed with C&E. Perfectly legal for find veg on the Bullets fuel tank.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I had mine dipped about 3 months ago, Luckly, I was running on vapour with the light on and they kept me for nearly ten minutes whilst trying to get something out of the tank. They couldnt even get a drip it was that low. Has now made me wonder if there is any kinda mesh to put inline somewhere so they couldnt dip at all !
              !!! I'M THE ONE YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant 1
                I had mine dipped about 3 months ago, Luckly, I was running on vapour with the light on and they kept me for nearly ten minutes whilst trying to get something out of the tank. They couldnt even get a drip it was that low. Has now made me wonder if there is any kinda mesh to put inline somewhere so they couldnt dip at all !
                If they suspect something funny, they will drop the tank or undo one of the fuel lines.

Then they tell you fix it and move on as you're now in their way.

Comment

veg oil again,

funny how cosco,s have put there veg oil up again,somebody is jumping on the band wagon again.

Comment

these testing guys must even know what to smell for ,pity we all couldn't get odourless veggy oil ,oh well not happened to me as yet and anyway its startin' to get a litte cold to run on the stuff..even 50/50 mix (lumpy idle) I'll suddenly lose my key for the filler cap and hopefully they will allow me on my merry way to go to a garage and brim it with the right stuff

Comment

They are on too the double tank trick 'cos dzl wot dont move / circulate goes stale pretty quick!

I know a geezer cought running red stuff in his Tranni van = mega fine ffs they even followed him home to collect the 2k cash.

Wots the story running veg, anybody know anyone caught and done?

Comment

It just goes to show that this whole “save the environment” green issue is one big con
                        If the Government REALLY cared about the Planet, they would actively promote the use of veg oil without charging duty. There would be community “recycle your spare cooking oil to help a green diesel driver” schemes.

Public transport would be so efficient and cheap that many people would only use private cars at the weekends.

But NO!
                        Public transport is so bad that we are reluctant to give up our cars. They then constantly dig up the roads so we are all stuck in heavy traffic wasting even more fuel….

The only winner is the

Treasury ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ £££££££

And to cap it all, we are persecuted for driving 4X4 (or is that £X£) when we give the Government so much more than the guy in the little Micra.
                        Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

I wonder what they were testing for? Veg oil or red diesel??
                          It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by AuldNick
                            They are on too the double tank trick 'cos dzl wot dont move / circulate goes stale pretty quick!

I know a geezer cought running red stuff in his Tranni van = mega fine ffs they even followed him home to collect the 2k cash.

Wots the story running veg, anybody know anyone caught and done?

It used to be....£500 fine for first offence, vehicle confiscated and impounded/disposed of, for the second.

Comment

This issue turns the global warming issue into the money making farce it is otherwise the UK gov would encourage veg oil use and any lost revenue could be replaced by re introducing gambling taxes.

Comment

Working...
                              X