Waxoyl is grrrrrreeeaaattt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waxoyl is grrrrrreeeaaattt!

Hi all, long time, but i've been very busy last year or so with other stuff.
    Hope you're all well. Having eventually getting round to regearing my rear diff, a year after doing the front one, my passion for my Surf has been rekindled. So i waxoyled my Surf at the weekend. They started using salt onthe roads here a couple of years ago and i'd noticed the chassis getting progressively redder. Always heard you guys on about Waxoyl and how good it was but nowhere sold it over here. That is until Halfrauds came over. So i bought one of the pressure sprayers a couple of months ago and eventually got around to doing it at the weekend, before they start salting the roads. Have to say it went on very easy, though the pressure doesnt stay for very long and i've arms the size of Arnie now. Had to add a good bit of white spirit to it to thin it out even with heating it. Feel much more confident that it will last the winter now.
    Derek :
    1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
    [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

I waxoyled my chassis in the summer ready for the winter....I had a nightmere with the nozzle that is supplied in the kit as it kept blocking & I couldn't seem to get any pressure building up when using the pump. I had to brush it on in the end which was fine but I couldn't get in side the chassis or doors etc with that method. Maybe I should get a compressor like you used.

Comment

if you're gonna do it every year, you're best off getting a cheap compressor and a proper schutz gun
      like this
      or this
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Matt, have you (or anyone else) got one of those... what size nozzle does that equate to... I've got some sound proofing gel that needs spraying and they wanted a fortune for a spray gun with a large nozzle.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala
          Matt, have you (or anyone else) got one of those... what size nozzle does that equate to... I've got some sound proofing gel that needs spraying and they wanted a fortune for a spray gun with a large nozzle.
          it's not so much a nozzle... it's a straight tube that just directs the spray... it applies it with a texture like stonechip

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
            it's not so much a nozzle... it's a straight tube that just directs the spray... it applies it with a texture like stonechip

Or that fleck paint that you see in public conveniences.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              That's not paint Vince.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                when you pebble dash the bowl??

Comment

That'd be fine then, its the consistency of porridge...

But apprently works quite well. (bring back the original NoiseKiller, all is forgiven)

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala
                    I seem to think Charlie ended up with a gun that had an oversized nozzle.
                    Could have been someone else, however, knowing what my memory is like.
                    Might be worthwhile asking him.

Comment

Working...
                    X