torsion bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bunkle
    seems to be that the so called 2" springs don't last long so i have gone for the 20% milners and now need some spacers-although i'm starting to get paranoid that looking at the back of the truck the drivers side sits lower than the other !
    I have landcruiser springs and a bodylift (around 5" overall) and the drivers side sits slightly lower too. The original Surf spring for the drivers side is slightly longer. As the LC springs barely sag at all when on, I dont think it's extra weight on the drivers side, I reckon it's a geometry thing. Anyone confirm this?

Perhaps a spring spacer the same size as the difference in length of original springs would sort it? It's partly sortable by putting a few more turns on the torsion bar for the drivers side (I only have about 3/4" difference now) and this doesn't seem to affect the drive of the truck at all.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
      I have landcruiser springs and a bodylift (around 5" overall) and the drivers side sits slightly lower too. The original Surf spring for the drivers side is slightly longer. As the LC springs barely sag at all when on, I dont think it's extra weight on the drivers side, I reckon it's a geometry thing. Anyone confirm this?

Perhaps a spring spacer the same size as the difference in length of original springs would sort it? It's partly sortable by putting a few more turns on the torsion bar for the drivers side (I only have about 3/4" difference now) and this doesn't seem to affect the drive of the truck at all.
      how far did you crank your t/bars and did you use diff spacers aswell.
      I have ordered the diff spacers from Jotto so i can crank the t/bars up without putting too much strain on the drive shaftsor whatever they call them
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Apache

With LC springs and just short of 2inch wind-up on bars, mine is even on both sides.

You sure it's not just one too many currys.
        Paul </Slugsie>
        Immortal.so far!

Comment

Working...
        X