rear window relays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear window relays

ok ive found and removed board with relays on got 4 new ones from maplins and spent ages trieing to de solder and remove old relays with not much luck any advice wellcome (cant seem to get solder hot )

Apply fresh solder to the joints. Be careful not to heat the joints for more
    than a few seconds. Use debraid to remove solder. If it's still not coming
    off, apply some more fresh solder. What wattage iron are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
      Apply fresh solder to the joints. Be careful not to heat the joints for more
      than a few seconds. Use debraid to remove solder. If it's still not coming
      off, apply some more fresh solder. What wattage iron are you using?
      hi im useing a 30 watt iron its a bit fiddly dont want to bugger it up will try again tomorrow

Comment

I got mine replaced at a hi-fi repair place . He said they are wired right thru the board and not really a job for your average solder iron.
        Might be worth finding a similar tv or hi-fi shop ?
        Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

Originally posted by bensonsnuts
          I got mine replaced at a hi-fi repair place . He said they are wired right thru the board and not really a job for your average solder iron.
          Might be worth finding a similar tv or hi-fi shop ?
          thanks for a fast reply that might be the way to go ill try some repair shops this week as ive got window up now and removed relay board thanks all for helping im $$$$ with a soldering iron

Comment

If your not used to soldering, trying to find someone to do it for you would
            definitely be the better option. It's all to easy to lift tracks or otherwise
            damage the board with multi layer pcb's.

If you get really stuck and can't find anyone, you can always post it through
            and I'll sort it.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
              If your not used to soldering, trying to find someone to do it for you would
              definitely be the better option. It's all to easy to lift tracks or otherwise
              damage the board with multi layer pcb's.

If you get really stuck and can't find anyone, you can always post it through
              and I'll sort it.
              thanks for your offer matt lets see how i get on with finding a repair shop

Comment

Originally posted by paul jones
                thanks for your offer matt lets see how i get on with finding a repair shop

Hi,
                A de-soldering pump is pretty much a must have for this job.
                I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala
                  Hi,
                  I've got one of those, and to be honest I think they're cr4p!
                  Solderwick is better.

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala
                    Hi,
                    Not if they are fine tracks. De-solder pumps shouldn't be used for anything
                    other than large areas of solder, for example, transformer joints. The amount
                    of track repairs I've had to do in the past due to numpties using pumps on
                    fine tracks, you wouldn't believe.

Comment

Working...
                    X