Ozone Generator anyone know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ozone Generator anyone know?

Fitted a jacuzzi in the bathroom last week, its got something called an ozone generator........

Now am I being over sceptical or is this a load of boll***s?

When the function is selected air issues forth from various jets and makes for a most invigorating bath along with the water jets and so on.

Anyone have any ideas? the manual can't help and simply refers to the Ozone Generator.
    I used to have a surf me!

Originally posted by phoebelala
    Fitted a jacuzzi in the bathroom last week, its got something called an ozone generator........

Now am I being over sceptical or is this a load of boll***s?

When the function is selected air issues forth from various jets and makes for a most invigorating bath along with the water jets and so on.

Anyone have any ideas? the manual can't help and simply refers to the Ozone Generator.

Ozone generators kill bacteria and prevent mould growth. A kind of oxygenator in the water.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      Ozone generators kill bacteria and prevent mould growth. A kind of oxygenator in the water.
      O3 - no not the phone company - ozone. Bad for bacteria, and in higher concentrations bad for people.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Smells horrid, as well.

Comment

I've installed these! Feel free to email me any queries - I am still in touch with the firm I worked for at the time.

An ozone generator produces ozone from atmospheric oxygen via an electrical discharge - that's the short version! All the complex bits are just to make sure it keeps working and doesn't destroy itself.

If you can smell ozone, it's not working properly and is producing too much.
          Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Ozone is toxic, and in the lower atmosphere generally considered to be a 'bad thing'.

The so called 'ozone smell' everyone goes on about at the beach is actually the smell of decaying sea-weed.

Maybe you could fit it to a high atmosphere balloon, help to replenish some of the missing stuff up there.
            Paul </Slugsie>
            Immortal.so far!

Comment

Horrid smelling bubbles in the bath?

Sounds familliar
              Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainBeaky
                I've installed these! Feel free to email me any queries - I am still in touch with the firm I worked for at the time.

An ozone generator produces ozone from atmospheric oxygen via an electrical discharge - that's the short version! All the complex bits are just to make sure it keeps working and doesn't destroy itself.

If you can smell ozone, it's not working properly and is producing too much.

Thanx for all the info folks.

So its not a load of tosh then and it actually IS there for a reason.
                Its been a big job........had to fit an electric hoist in the loft and take the staircase apart to get this beast into the bathroom!

Al.
                I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Its a WASHING MACHINE you throw your clothes in after youve had a bath.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                  (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                  X