Sluggie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sluggie

I am probably two months out of date, but exactly when did you get the Audi 80? Have you got rid of your truck then???

had it a while...
    still got the truck... it's in my erm... garden awaiting repair or offers.

i'm working right near you at business post at the mo... doing night trunking.

i'm quite often at birchanger green services testing the 24hr burger king while waiting for freight at stanstead!!
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
      had it a while...
      still got the truck... it's in my erm... garden awaiting repair or offers.

i'm working right near you at business post at the mo... doing night trunking.

i'm quite often at birchanger green services testing the 24hr burger king while waiting for freight at stanstead!!

Come on then. Awaiting repair? What have you done to it then???

Night trunking............nice

We are getting all our motors changed. They are getting half DAF 360's and half Volvo FM400's. I can't stand them DAF's, the only good thing is the beds. Also getting two new drawbars and a brace of 6x2 DAF 44 tonners for the superdeckers. I'm doing Hedge End this week in a superdecker.

1hr to Hedge End
      3hrs tip
      1hr to Tot Hill Services
      2hrs sleep
      30mins back to yard
      1hr 30min tip (taking the pi*s for extra overtime)
      Home

Thurs and Fri off, back in on Sat for Hedge End again.

They are all running at 56mph, so no more getting overtaken by pigeons.
      Last edited by M35A2; 22 November 2006, 19:22.

Comment

the ball joint broke at 60mph... no damage apart from obviously ball joints and cvs... and a brake pipe...
        just VERY skint at the moment!!

i'm doing 23:30 start, down to fareham... 10 min tip then up to stanstead and wait for 2 hrs and kip / eat burgers... back to thatcham, unload a couple of cages and that's me done!!

easy life!!

got to the point of the week where i can't sleep in the day though!!

back on days for fri sat on the seating job.
        and gotta spend all day round hers doing cleaning and DIY tomorrow!
        d'oh!

Comment

the ball joint broke at 60mph... no damage apart from obviously ball joints and cvs... and a brake pipe...
          just VERY skint at the moment!!

i'm doing 23:30 start, down to fareham... 10 min tip then up to stanstead and wait for 2 hrs and kip / eat burgers... back to thatcham, unload a couple of cages and that's me done!!

easy life!!

got to the point of the week where i can't sleep in the day though!!

back on days for fri sat on the seating job.
          and gotta spend all day round hers doing cleaning and DIY tomorrow!
          d'oh!

Yeah, I'm skint an all.... Poxy Christmas coming too, so more expence.

Man you were lucky there. How come the ball joint went just like that? Do you do lots of offroading?? Lucky you never lost the truck and rolled it.

Comment

i don't mind the DAFs... they're just a pain in the ass when you keep getting random ABS/EBS faults... apparently there isn't a standard for the ECU on trailers so it has to be re-programmed for DAF??

everyone likes scanias, but i don't really rate them... the radio's good, but thats about it!
            volvo's aren't really all that either!

Comment

it was advisory on the MOT that it was worn, but "not that bad"... i just felt the steering a bit funny on a corner, but only about 3 miles from work, so thought i'd check it when i get there...

next corner, the wheel fell off!!

i just skidded and steered to the side of the road... the brake pipe got ripped off so the pedal went straight to the floor!

i was pretty lucky, the truck landed on the tyre and it rested on there till i stopped... so no damage to truck, and only a slight scratch on the alloy and a scuff on the tyre!!

Comment

it was advisory on the MOT that it was worn, but "not that bad"... i just felt the steering a bit funny on a corner, but only about 3 miles from work, so thought i'd check it when i get there...

next corner, the wheel fell off!!

i just skidded and steered to the side of the road... the brake pipe got ripped off so the pedal went straight to the floor!

i was pretty lucky, the truck landed on the tyre and it rested on there till i stopped... so no damage to truck, and only a slight scratch on the alloy and a scuff on the tyre!!
                Thats them 3rd gens for you..
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                X