Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mamas & Papas Car Seat Advice

Hello People,

We're expecting our first child in March 07, and as he responsible dad-to-be, decided to look around at car seats for the new born.

So the wife and I headed for the shops last week, went to several shops including Mamas & Papas, which had the Primo Viaggio car seat which we both liked.

They offered a fitting service, so we tried it out. The wife has a Citroen C3, and fitting the car seat into the car wasn't an issue whatsoever, however, the car seat wouldn't fit into my enormous Surf!!!??

To be more precise, the issue was that, although the car seat sat nicely on the rear seat, the seat belt wouldn't physically wrap around the back of the baby seat, it was just too short.

I've also noticed this when I'm in the driving seat, when I have the seat belt on, I can't reach the glove box, the belt is at it's end, never been a problem in any other car I've driven.

As anyone else experienced this?? Is there a difference between seat belt lengths in the UK/Euro and Japan? Does the UK 4Runner have UK seat belts, ie longer?? Is there a way to replace them for longer ones, both front and back?

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks
    Raj

I know what you mean Raj, when my grandson on the left was newborn 2 years ago i found it very difficult to fit the rear facing seat.
    Luckily the belt would just fit around the seat that we had but it was at fill stretch.
    Sorry I can't offer any solution except to try various seats until you find one that will fit, the problem does however get better as the child gets older as the foreward facing seats don't have the same problem.

Good luck
    Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Any use?

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/sear...trypage=search

Comment

There are a number of previous threads onthis matter. I had the same issue and found that if i put the surf seat back to the furthest 'recline' position then there was just about enough seatbelt to go around the child/car seat. I did look on the internet for seatbelt extenders but couldnt find any to suit. there was one company which would fit a new longer seat belt but the cost and distance was excessive for me.

Comment

One option was to push the baby seat into seat whilst latching in the seatbelt.

We used a Bebe Comfort baby seat (when they were real small) and routed the seatbelt under the seat rather than over... When I was with them I would push the baby seat into the car seat and route the seatbelt over the top of the baby seat.

Other option was to find a carseat that had a docking block. Seat belt that bit in, then clip the baby seat into the docking block.

Comment

Working...
          X