pulling my hair out looking for spec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pulling my hair out looking for spec

not long since bought a surf ssr-x and ever since iv been looking to see if i can find info on the wading depth, approach angle departure angle etc can anyone tell me where to find it? dealer seems to have no idea on this subject

Originally posted by fibsmith
    not long since bought a surf ssr-x and ever since iv been looking to see if i can find info on the wading depth, approach angle departure angle etc can anyone tell me where to find it? dealer seems to have no idea on this subject

Welcome matey,

Wading depth is dependant on your idea of what is reasonable. If you dont mind puddles in your footwells its far higher than the spec would suggest.

Be careful if its a 2nd gen as the air intake is behind one of the headlights lights and is a bit of a risk.

Al.
    Last edited by phoebelala; 20 November 2006, 19:18.
    I used to have a surf me!

Comment

it will also vary if you have got your surf lifted
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...t=wading+depth

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...approach+angle

I'll have a look in my precious 4runner brochure when I get home, just in case Toyota ever thought they'd share.

Comment

Originally posted by fibsmith
          Wading depth, if you're careful, up to the bottom of the passenger side headlight. Fit a big lift and/or a snorkel.

Approach/departure angles??? They're $$$$. Fit a big lift.

Paul </Slugsie>
          Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie

Approach/departure angles??? They're $$$$. Fit a big lift.

....and a new, custom exhaust!

Comment

All the angles you can do yourself. grab a plank, rest it against the tyre and lift it up till it hits the bumper, then measure the angle.

Although why you'd want to know I don't know, offroad trails don't come with measurements!!! You'll soon learn what you'll clear and what will hit after watching others and driving around at bit.

Just get out there and get it muddy.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

If your feet get wet its too deep
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                  If your feet get wet its too deep

I like the fact the guy stays dry, while the girl gets wet.... What would happen if she fell off after hitting a bump while your going forward though???

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                    I like the fact the guy stays dry, while the girl gets wet.... What would happen if she fell off after hitting a bump while your going forward though???

guffaw guffaw!!.... i can see her crutch!
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                      The girl is Jess, and it's her Dad Chris driving. Also note that she has nicked Chris's crutches to get out there, and appears to be wearing waders. Considering what Chris gets up to driving his Surf, I reckon it was incredibly foolhardy to be sitting on the bonnet.
                      Paul </Slugsie>
                      Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                        .......Although why you'd want to know I don't know ........

For playing top trumps down the pub.

Comment

When it stalls you gone to deep, and when it get's stuck the angles are too much.

Can you measure em for us when it happens though then we'll all know how far is too far in the future. Not that any of us'll be getting out to measure while we're playing.
                          =========
                          =SOLD UP!=
                          =========

Comment

Working...
                          X