Any advise welcomed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any advise welcomed

Any advise and handy hnts and tips welcome.
    Me and a mate would like to do a driving "safari" next year to the arctic circle. Probably in the autumn brfore ot gets too cold.
    Has anyone on here done this type of thing? This would be the first really long trip that I would be doing in the Surf so any suggestions and advise will be welcomed. How much essential preparation would my truck have to undergo? She is standard at the moment.

Originally posted by Camone
    Any advise and handy hnts and tips welcome.
    Me and a mate would like to do a driving "safari" next year to the arctic circle. Probably in the autumn brfore ot gets too cold.
    Has anyone on here done this type of thing? This would be the first really long trip that I would be doing in the Surf so any suggestions and advise will be welcomed. How much essential preparation would my truck have to undergo? She is standard at the moment.
    A full service, repairs to any existing 'niggles', change your rad cap and thermostat, check your belts, check your tires, replace your battery(s) if they're on the way out, top everything up, chuck some tools/spares in the boot and away you go.

And get some European breakdown cover . Britannia Rescue are good.

Oh yeah, and maybe get some snowchains, depending on where you're going.

Comment

try speaking to frogs island 4x4 in didcot, they do expedition prep.
      (mainly LR stuff, but seen a few surfs parked outside)
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I’d say… sod the Artic, it’s too cold and there is nothing there.

I’d much rather head off to somewhere hot….. Morocco is a good place to start.
        Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by Camone

Has anyone on here done this type of thing?
          Hello,

I've drove in Sweden a couple of weeks in the summer and there is no snow there at all. I've drove there for a week in the winter and its not a problem. What car? A Mondeo with studded tyres - I couldn't believe how good it performed. Sweden is beautiful (the beer is eye wateringly expensive).

What route you taking? Ferry to Norway (or Denmark), drive across to and up Sweden, then left to Norway or right to Finland. Then Russia, then where.....
          Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

the plans are still in the "Thinking about it stage" haven't really thought about a route or when we are likely to be going. Don't want to go when it is too cold, but would like to do some driving in the snow and would like to go as far north as possible.

Comment

You need to go further North NORWAY & get into the Arcti circle. STEVO did some work on a SURF thats there on Expiditions most of the time.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

Working...
              X