Help B4 I Smash Something

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help B4 I Smash Something

can any one help i have just bought an arb winch bumbper and winch. went to go and fit it about 20mins ago and it won't fit. i rang the company and they said well it should i made sure i specified it was an import and still they insisted it would fit i have taken some pics of it not had chance to upload them yet has anyone fit a winch bumper to there surf if so were did you get it from so i can cross ref parts and that thanks

What doesn't fit? Is it too wide, too deep, to long, what?

What vehicle did you tell the supplier you had?
    It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by benyetinyahoo
      can any one help i have just bought an arb winch bumbper and winch. went to go and fit it about 20mins ago and it won't fit. i rang the company and they said well it should i made sure i specified it was an import and still they insisted it would fit i have taken some pics of it not had chance to upload them yet has anyone fit a winch bumper to there surf if so were did you get it from so i can cross ref parts and that thanks
      I have fitted a ARB bumper before and had no problems.

Post some pics of it so we can have a look to see if they have supplied you with the correct one.
      I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

i;ll put some pics on in a jiffy, the side bolts (2 on each side 14m) the bracket supposed to line up does not its about 1 " to low and the main cross member is to short the bumber is meant to slide and fit snug but its about 8cm out my surf is and ssrx limited import i did specify that when i ordered it

Comment

I've put a few pics on the web rather than here so'd I could ad measurements:
          http://www.faze3.co.uk/hilux.html

Comment

Erm, you haven't been sold a bumper for a 3rd gen Surf have you?

P.S. It's not an intercooler, it's the air-con rad.

Comment

You could do with popping some protective coating on that chassis before
              you mount the bumper, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                Erm, you haven't been sold a bumper for a 3rd gen Surf have you?
                I'll have to check with the company on Monday. They asked me for the reg which was given - 1991 - H reg.

Comment

Originally posted by benyetinyahoo
                  I'll have to check with the company on Monday. They asked me for the reg which was given - 1991 - H reg.
                  It could be that they have supplied one for a solid axle pickup and not the IFS truck which is the one you need.

ps those pipes are for your air con not an intercooler.
                  I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

feel bad for ya - nothing worse than getting new goodies and then being dissapointed, looks alot like they heve supplied you the wrong bumper - can't believe it's down to bad manufacture, arb have a too good reputation
                    Bunkle
                    Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Working...
                    X