Arial motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arial motor

My arial got snapped off the other day. I can still listen to the radio but the car makes an awful noise for bout 30 seconds when I start it up I think its the motor trying to push the arial up, but just keeps going as the arial is no longer there. Any ideas on how to stop this noise? Was thinking about pulling the fuse out but cant work out which one it is!

get a new aerial mast.
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by xsara
      My arial got snapped off the other day. I can still listen to the radio but the car makes an awful noise for bout 30 seconds when I start it up I think its the motor trying to push the arial up, but just keeps going as the arial is no longer there. Any ideas on how to stop this noise? Was thinking about pulling the fuse out but cant work out which one it is!
      if you undo the the plastic lining in the passenger side wheel arch then you can dis-connect the power to the ariel from there but be carefull with the plastic as you can split it quite easy
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I'd just replace the mast like Matt said, but if you want to stop the noise, right above the brake pedal is the relay for the arial, if you unplug this it'll stop working. Its a plastic box about 3" sq. It says power arial relay on the box.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
          I'd just replace the mast like Matt said, but if you want to stop the noise, right above the brake pedal is the relay for the arial, if you unplug this it'll stop working. Its a plastic box about 3" sq. It says power arial relay on the box.
          now i never knew that.....
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
          X