Exhaust question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust question

Quick Question for the more knowlageable than me (thats just about everyone),
    Am i right in thinking that doing a 2" body lift dont affect the exhaust, Apart from exhaust mountings which i think are all fixed to the chassi anyway,
    I did'nt want to go to the expence of a s/steel exhause then find it has to be altered if i do a lift, Ta Ian
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Originally posted by ian619
    Quick Question for the more knowlageable than me (thats just about everyone),
    Am i right in thinking that doing a 2" body lift dont affect the exhaust, Apart from exhaust mountings which i think are all fixed to the chassi anyway,
    I did'nt want to go to the expence of a s/steel exhause then find it has to be altered if i do a lift, Ta Ian
    correct ian,it doesnt affect the exhaust,if fact it will propably aid in the cooling proccess,and the exhaust mounts are attached to the chassis.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
      fact it will propably aid in the cooling proccess
      Deffo - since the lift (coz the tranny is further away from the tunnel) my car interior has been much cooler.
      Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Lovely!! Cheers guys, i thought that was the case but just thought i'd check.

Comment

BUT!... the exhaust exit will be 2" further away from the body... so it looks daft.

you could re-jig the back pipe a bit so it sits a bit closer and doesn't look like it's hanging off.
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
            BUT!... the exhaust exit will be 2" further away from the body... so it looks daft.

you could re-jig the back pipe a bit so it sits a bit closer and doesn't look like it's hanging off.
            ...or get a custom stainless one made to exit neatly behind the rear wheel mudflap (you can also re-route it to make room for a 33" tyre underneath at the same time).

Comment

A good point Matt!! As i want a custom exhaust with twin outlets comeing out the back it might pay me to do the lift first dont ya think?
              Probably wont ever get 33's but im looking out for a red center 15" wheel to put a matching 31" tyre on (for when i do the rear carrier conversion) These crag country wheels are like finding rocking horse pooh

Comment

yeah, definately do the lift first
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                X