Finally it get's fitted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally it get's fitted

After 12 months plus (and a lot of searching) I have finally fitted my spare wheel carrier.
    I would like to thank

Rob (my mate - for burning my fingers whilst welding the support brackets together & getting me covered in glue and waxoil)

Streetluge Chris - for cannabilising a 2nd gen surf and allowing me to rip his arm off when he agreed to sell it

and lastly (but most importantly) Julie (my wife) for saying "For God's sake just go and get it!!!" which without whose support and bank a/c this project would not have been possible

Ta very much

PS Hopefully it will get fininshed off on Sunday when (weather permitting) Chris brings the cover for the tailgate (Pic 4)
    NO WORRIES!
    Rusty

Originally posted by rusty
    After 12 months plus (and a lot of searching) I have finally fitted my spare wheel carrier.
    I would like to thank

Rob (my mate - for burning my fingers whilst welding the support brackets together & getting me covered in glue and waxoil)

Streetluge Chris - for cannabilising a 2nd gen surf and allowing me to rip his arm off when he agreed to sell it

and lastly (but most importantly) Julie (my wife) for saying "For God's sake just go and get it!!!" which without whose support and bank a/c this project would not have been possible

Ta very much

PS Hopefully it will get fininshed off on Sunday when (weather permitting) Chris brings the cover for the tailgate (Pic 4)
    Is this the first 4Runner with the proper wheel carrier then?

Lookin good, tho you might have fun with access to the key, any thoughts on moving its location?
    Overall, looks like an excellent job
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

I would like to thank

Ta very much

looks good rusty think you right fog light gotta move, and is it possible to move keyhole to other side? suppose it can be done, as mines on the left hand side.
      and your spot on with thanking julie too m8, wot would we do without them hey
      Enjoying Life after Cancer
      Pops

Comment

I would like to thank

Ta very much

you have been a good boy. it looks very good mate.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
          Is this the first 4Runner with the proper wheel carrier then?

Lookin good, tho you might have fun with access to the key, any thoughts on moving its location?
          Overall, looks like an excellent job
          As far as I know this is a bespoke job unique to my truck. Have never ever seen a UK version like this.
          As for the key - it's staying where it is otherwise I'm going to end up with a swiss cheese tailgate
          THe fog light is going to have to be sorted out, I'll probably bolt some larger ones in place of my rear red flash lights on the bumper.
          Thanks for the comments
          NO WORRIES!
          Rusty

Comment

As far as I know this is a bespoke job unique to my truck. Have never ever seen a UK version like this.
            As for the key - it's staying where it is otherwise I'm going to end up with a swiss cheese tailgate
            THe fog light is going to have to be sorted out, I'll probably bolt some larger ones in place of my rear red flash lights on the bumper.
            Thanks for the comments
            steve i'll have your old fogs mate
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

Might as well leave the lock where it is. The spare has to be swung to one side to open the tailgate anyway.
              Might confuse the sticky fingered brigade!
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                Might as well leave the lock where it is. The spare has to be swung to one side to open the tailgate anyway.
                Might confuse the sticky fingered brigade!
                My wife said exactly the same thing.
                NO WORRIES!
                Rusty

Comment

My wife said exactly the same thing.
                  Your wife is obviously an intelligent woman.................be careful.
                  It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                    Your wife is obviously an intelligent woman.................be careful.
                    Don't be daft man - she married me
                    NO WORRIES!
                    Rusty

Comment

Het Rusty I couldnt find the original thread so I stuck it on here.
                      Cos Its FITTED My new bash plate that is.
                      It went on a treat I didnt even need the 2 nuts you sent. It went straight on no problem

Cheers m8 excelent job. I will recomend you to all my chums.

sumo.
                      Last edited by sumo; 17 August 2007, 08:13.
                      If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Working...
                      X