how fast does yours race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how fast does yours race

just wondering how fast anyone else's beasty is . bin playin with mine mainly with timing for a while and was flabagasted today. . lined the surf up on the flat selected power box and floored it. after a billow of smoke out the exhaust that would have made james bond proud the turbo roared and iv,e finaly got my 0-60 to just under 11 seconds . bring it on clarkson who needs a ferrari f class or a mc,claron lol . i might not get there fast but i get there in comfort.
    I,LL GO FIRST NO PROB
    (i also juggle dynamite)

Nice one mate. Kept saying the 2.4's weren't as sluggish as
    the 3.0 mob make out.

Comment

Did you stutter while you where counting lol
      If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Originally posted by gary16163
        hey i was shocked to but dont burst my bubble took ages to get right i think 2.4 are detimed .
        I,LL GO FIRST NO PROB
        (i also juggle dynamite)

Comment

Originally posted by gary16163
          The sound of the superiority bubble bursting...................

Comment

If a 2.4 can be made to do sub 11s easily(ish) then a 3ltr must be able to do it in under 9.

All I know is that when I first drove my 3ltr I couldn't believe how much faster it was than my 2.4!

Anyway, congrats Darren, what did you do? You didn't buy one of those ball-bearings and resistor thingys off ebay did you???
            Paul </Slugsie>
            Immortal.so far!

Comment

[QUOTE=Slugsie]If a 2.4 can be made to do sub 11s easily(ish) then a 3ltr must be able to do it in under 9.

All I know is that when I first drove my 3ltr I couldn't believe how much faster it was than my 2.4!

I have to agree with you I thought the same when I swapped my 2.4 in for a 3.0, in comparison the 3.0 goes like $hit off a shovel
              If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Originally posted by stimpy30
                just wondering how fast anyone else's beasty is . bin playin with mine mainly with timing for a while and was flabagasted today. . lined the surf up on the flat selected power box and floored it. after a billow of smoke out the exhaust that would have made james bond proud the turbo roared and iv,e finaly got my 0-60 to just under 11 seconds . bring it on clarkson who needs a ferrari f class or a mc,claron lol . i might not get there fast but i get there in comfort.
                heres a little thing you can do.remove the rubber elbow from the front of the turbo.the big 2" one thats connected to the piece that says efi on it,take that off and try again,just as a comparrison on the 2.4.i was amazed at how much quicker the turbo spooled up.but remember to put it back on or else youll damage the turbine.and the noise who need a blow off valve.i made up a little gauze mesh filter and fitted it around the compressor housing air intake held it in place with a jubilee clip,temporarly.
                www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
                  heres a little thing you can do.remove the rubber elbow from the front of the turbo.the big 2" one thats connected to the piece that says efi on it,take that off and try again,just as a comparrison on the 2.4.i was amazed at how much quicker the turbo spooled up.but remember to put it back on or else youll damage the turbine.and the noise who need a blow off valve.i made up a little gauze mesh filter and fitted it around the compressor housing air intake held it in place with a jubilee clip,temporarly.

Nope, you need the tube with the EFI on it. You mean the black tube from the air filter.

It sounds good too with the rubber elbow removed, a kind of brrrmmm tish sound as you rev and release the throttle.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                    Nope, you need the tube with the EFI on it. You mean the black tube from the air filter.

It sounds good too with the rubber elbow removed, a kind of brrrmmm tish sound as you rev and release the throttle.
                    oooops yea (the plastic coated one)thats the one vince,i keep forgetting the set up .thanks for putting that straight.anyway it made a whole lot of difference on mine.(when it was a 2.4 lump.)
                    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
                      oooops yea (the plastic coated one)thats the one vince,i keep forgetting the set up .thanks for putting that straight.anyway it made a whole lot of difference on mine.(when it was a 2.4 lump.)

I'm gonne remove the drivers side battery and fit an air box with a cold air intake, with one of those cone filters in with a 6" tube directly onto the turbo, should make a difference.

Comment

I'm gonne remove the drivers side battery and fit an air box with a cold air intake, with one of those cone filters in with a 6" tube directly onto the turbo, should make a difference.
                        i looked into a cone filter straight onto turbo , but when i go offroading amount of mudy water splashed over top of engine put me off
                        I,LL GO FIRST NO PROB
                        (i also juggle dynamite)

Comment

Originally posted by stimpy30
                          i looked into a cone filter straight onto turbo , but when i go offroading amount of mudy water splashed over top of engine put me off
                          put a plastic bag over it!

hehehe!!
                          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
                            If a 2.4 can be made to do sub 11s easily(ish) then a 3ltr must be able to do it in under 9.

Anyway, congrats Darren, what did you do? You didn't buy one of those ball-bearings and resistor thingys off ebay did you???
                            nope slugsy mate pure inj pump tinkering with timing got the engine to just before diesal knock. then locked up bolts. used to do it with my cars to. you usaly find most things detimed. classic example rover v6 with honda engine.
                            I,LL GO FIRST NO PROB
                            (i also juggle dynamite)

Comment

yea i tried doing that,i put alsorts of bends and bits and pieces together,theres not a lot of room,and its a pain that they put the turbo where they did,the only thing that i found that worked was a piece of a K/N air filter gauze cut in a circle slightly bigger than the air compressor housing and wrapped round it with a jubilee clip on it to hold it in place.
                              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X