Something else....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something else....

This is beginning to remind me of Range Rover ownership !
    No its not that bad yet.
    The handbrake light stays lit for about 15 mins into my journey, but its only half bright, if I pull the handbrake it gets brighter.
    This has only seemed to happen since the cold snap...........any ideas. New batteries today as well
    Steve
    Side mounts are the new top mounts !

Have you checked the brake fluid level? May be worth lubricating the hand brake cable to make sure that it is fully disengageing. Other than that I aint got a clue
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by charvell
      Have you checked the brake fluid level? May be worth lubricating the hand brake cable to make sure that it is fully disengageing. Other than that I aint got a clue
      Levels fine, if it was handbrake the switch would either be on or off not half bright (I think)
      Steve
      Side mounts are the new top mounts !

Comment

Originally posted by javars
        Levels fine, if it was handbrake the switch would either be on or off not half bright (I think)
        Steve

9 times out of 10 it's the float switch sticking in the fluid reservoir.

Comment

Originally posted by javars
          The handbrake light stays lit for about 15 mins into my journey, but its only half bright, if I pull the handbrake it gets brighter.
          Mine was the same a few weeks back - it was the fluid level + the fluid itself. It was old and had turned into brown shyte.

Cleaned it all out, bleed new fluid through the system and Roberts a close relative!
          Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Mine comes on when accelerating hard and braking hard. i guess your going to tell me to check my fluid levels?

Comment

Originally posted by Robbers Dog
              Mine comes on when accelerating hard and braking hard. i guess your going to tell me to check my fluid levels?
              Check yer fluid levels
              Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Mine started doing this after a day out in the mud on Sunday, but just under normal driving, it clears if you're cruising or braking. I'll check my fluid levels then shall I?
                =========
                =SOLD UP!=
                =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
                  Mine started doing this after a day out in the mud on Sunday, but just under normal driving, it clears if you're cruising or braking. I'll check my fluid levels then shall I?
                  nah just pull the electrical connector off from the cap.
                  www.overfab.uk

Comment

Checked my fluid level and it was as little low, but still way above minimum. Filled it up and the light doesn't come on now
                    I guess brake fluid is not designed to shrink in cold weather. If I had a leak, where is the most likely place? Does the surf have a commonly known fault that allows brake fluid to escape?

Comment

Checked my fluid level and it was as little low, but still way above minimum. Filled it up and the light doesn't come on now
                      I guess brake fluid is not designed to shrink in cold weather. If I had a leak, where is the most likely place? Does the surf have a commonly known fault that allows brake fluid to escape?
                      Its more than likely just the pads wearing, as they wear down the piston pushes out further to keep the pads in contact with the discs hence the fluid level lowers to take up space behind the piston
                      If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
                        nah just pull the electrical connector off from the cap.
                        That worked, but i'm not sure it's the best way of fixin it. The fluid's just on the min line so i'll put some fluid in tomorrow and see how it goes. Pads & calipers were done in the summer so should be ok might have to have a look at the discs though.
                        =========
                        =SOLD UP!=
                        =========

Comment

Working...
                        X