Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white paint on tyres

hello folks
    the white lettering on the tyres is this done in the factory or do you do it yourself mine has got a cracking set of goodrich tyres but the lettering isnt white is there a special paint cos i might get my paint brush out.......

Originally posted by funkynobber
    hello folks
    the white lettering on the tyres is this done in the factory or do you do it yourself mine has got a cracking set of goodrich tyres but the lettering isnt white is there a special paint cos i might get my paint brush out.......
    it's done at the factory... but usually only on one side so you can have black if you like... check the backs of them.
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

hello folks

I believe there is some tyre paint you can get to do it.
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
        I believe there is some tyre paint you can get to do it.
        have you tried tippex?
        don't know if it's waterproof though.

Comment

you can buy tyre pens from halfords i used to use them on my motox tyres
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

spot on

Originally posted by marky
            you can buy tyre pens from halfords i used to use them on my motox tyres
            excellent is any one voluntering to come and paint mine..............

Comment

This is what your after.
              http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=43117

Chers
              Conker
              [center] [/center]

Comment

hello folks

S*d the lettering....just get them muddy & you won,t be worrying about white paint
                Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

Originally posted by bensonsnuts
                  S*d the lettering....just get them muddy & you won,t be worrying about white paint
                  he's right!... i've got nice chrome wheels!

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
                    he's right!... i've got nice chrome wheels!
                    you cant tell with them pics mate
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by bensonsnuts
                      Yes, paint then white first then get them really muddy, everyone will go - 'Wow, he just dont care, he's soo cool' and like buy you beers an stuff
                      (Sorry, I'm in a funny mood tonight, its the after effects of a bad dose of Flu!)
                      ...Woodie http://woodie.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/D...%20Surfsml.JPG

Comment

I don't know how to break this to you guys, but................ I had a temp job in a paint factory. We were coming towards, the end of a batch of ordinary matt black vinyl, when the forklift driver dropped a pallet of small tins marked, "Tyre Paint- Matt Finish."
                        I won't say which companies names were printed on the tins, but it went on their shelves at about 7 times the price of the same amount of Matt Black Vinyl. Ever since then that is what I have used.
                        I guess that if you have some white left over from painting the ceiling............. you could do customised lettering. Tarmac Sucks etc
                        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                        X