No announcement yet.

2wd/4wd problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a problem with the T/case, it might have got jammed between H and L gears to the rear, and only working the front prop shaft.

Would be nice to remove the front propshaft, and them try it in 4wd and see if the rear prop goes round, this would prove it.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by jax
      Hi,

I regularly use 4wd on a daily basis both on and off road. Until today I had no bother with it.
      Jacqueline
      Hello,

Can you confirm you have a 3rd gen (you only list it as 1996) - because you should not be using 4wd on road if its a 2nd gen.

If it is 2nd gen then axle wind up may have trashed something at the rear.
      Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

She has a 3rd gen, manual 'box Andy.

Comment

Hi all,

At last the flashy light, stuck in 4wd problem has been sorted. My local garage got an auto electrician to look at it and he found the wire that goes up and across the gearbox from the boxy thing (sorry can't remember wot he called it) was broken/perished. He only found it by testing as you can't see it once it disappears over the gearbox. Anyway, that's what it was. It is now working better than before. WOOO HOOO.

Thanks to everyone who offered help and I hope this is useful to others who are having similar problems.

Jacqueline

Comment

Working...
          X