Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance rant

T****** at direct line
    Just declared the mods on my truck that were all cleared with them back in march...They have now decided that they do not like them and will withdraw my insurance in 7 days despite the fact that they originally oked them.
    What is the point i have been with them for sixteen years and never had a problem untill now . Also they did not like me inquireing on their policy on using green fuels and said that they would not insure me for using wvo and svo ...

STILL one good thing came out of it , i contacted Adrian Flux and there cost with the mods declared , a sp30 thats 5 years old and the fact the wife got hit about 4 years ago is £50 cheaper that those w****** at direct line

RANT OVER

sorry for that
    www.daemon4x4.org

to make you feel better (and to waste some insurance companies time) why not write to all of them asking for their policy on veg oil? in a 'dont you want to play your part in saving the planet ?' kind of way... could make some poor soul in a marketing dept. sweat for a moment or two...
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

give a-plan a shout mate, they have been fine with any mods, and cheap as chips as well.
      TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

How does using veg oil make you more of a risk?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          How does using veg oil make you more of a risk?

They told me there was no duty on veg oil according to the underwriter and therefor not useable , even when i gave them the figures
          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
            give a-plan a shout mate, they have been fine with any mods, and cheap as chips as well.
            will give them a try aswell
            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Ian have a look at roughtrax site as Barry has got some Ins/comps on there aswell that will cover for mods etc
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

STUPIDLY i've just rand my ins company to declare the fact that I have raised my suspension and am thinking of doing a body lift.
                I now have to get an engineers report on the roadworthyness of my car!!!!
                That fact that it recently passed an MOT with the raise did not count????
                may try Aplan next time.
                Q- where do i get an engineers report?
                would a local MOT centre be able to do this?
                Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes
                  STUPIDLY i've just rand my ins company to declare the fact that I have raised my suspension and am thinking of doing a body lift.
                  I now have to get an engineers report on the roadworthyness of my car!!!!
                  That fact that it recently passed an MOT with the raise did not count????
                  may try Aplan next time.
                  Q- where do i get an engineers report?
                  would a local MOT centre be able to do this?
                  Any decent garage should be able to give an engineers report, (it's better if the mechanic is fully qualified or irte qualified, your average qwik fit might not have the nouce to do it) but first ask the insurance company if they have a specific form they need filled in, I had the same problem once, got a report then they replied that it wasn't good enough and needed their specifc form filled in

Some of these insurance companies will try any excuse to not insure anything that they cant make a mega profit on! NEWARKS (it's an anagram)
                  Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                    T****** at direct line
                    Just declared the mods on my truck that were all cleared with them back in march...They have now decided that they do not like them and will withdraw my insurance in 7 days despite the fact that they originally oked them.
                    What is the point i have been with them for sixteen years and never had a problem untill now . Also they did not like me inquireing on their policy on using green fuels and said that they would not insure me for using wvo and svo ...

Try working for them , I do !
                    I am going to ask about the veg oil with our manager to see if the underwritter is correct to dismiss its use .
                    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Working...
                    X