No announcement yet.

Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

right latest update. took it back and it was bug*gered! got a replacment one and am gonna try that and see if it works. what i can tell you all is that it is actually a land cruser alternator, after changing the pully at the front for my original and putting the vac pump on the back fits a treat! (probably easyer to source too) the only thing i found is the bracket that holds the wire loom clip thingie to the side of the alternator has to come off as it catches on the steering and make one hell of a noise!
    it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

well the second new one it in and seems to be working fingers crossed that it will keep working as i am going back to work on wednesday. cheers for all your help could not of done it without you guys. on to the next upgrade/repair, but enough for tonight i am going to get a well earned drink!

Comment

Originally posted by drunkmonkeyboy
        well the second new one it in and seems to be working fingers crossed that it will keep working as i am going back to work on wednesday. cheers for all your help could not of done it without you guys. on to the next upgrade/repair, but enough for tonight i am going to get a well earned drink!

Which Landcruiser did the alternator come from? for future reference.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          Which Landcruiser did the alternator come from? for future reference.
          Could not tell you which one it was from but the numbers on the box are

LRA552

AL169

LUCAS Alternator

it a 60amp, i think??? thats what it looks like on the box. and it seems to be working lovley only thing was the bracket catching on the steering. hope that is of some help to you and anyone else looking for one. i think the phrase rarer than rocking horse sh*t sprung to mind when i was searching for one!!!

the place i got it from is

Albaston Starters and Alternators
          Wheal edward
          Albaston
          Gunnislake
          01822 832925

Bloke called Neil Clarke, nice fella if any one is in need of a starter or alternator! cheapest i could find and with a years warrenty!

Comment

sorry I had forgotten Niel, he did one for me a while ago and was sound
            Did I mention I have a BLUE one
            Tony

Comment

Originally posted by drunkmonkeyboy
              right latest update. took it back and it was bug*gered! got a replacment one and am gonna try that and see if it works. what i can tell you all is that it is actually a land cruser alternator, after changing the pully at the front for my original and putting the vac pump on the back fits a treat! (probably easyer to source too) the only thing i found is the bracket that holds the wire loom clip thingie to the side of the alternator has to come off as it catches on the steering and make one hell of a noise!
              Now I can recall my second Alternator was of an F reg Landcruiser. I have some pics, I'll post later but at the mo just cant put me hands on em......
              Do hope ya 2nd one works out Ok !!!

There's always a Payback.... You just cant see it comin !!!!
              Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally Posted by drunkmonkeyboy latest update Quote:
                Hey Michael any of these look familiar........the one I Modded one has a No2 on it, it looks identical to Mine (& I presume yours ) wiv a No7 on it, but the Diode/Brushpack is different.
                Good Luck

There's always a Payback.... You just cant see it comin !!!!
                Buncefield Burner

Comment

[QUOTE=Surferjess]Now I can recall my second Alternator was of an F reg Landcruiser. QUOTE]

That would be an LJ70 Landcruiser then.
                  Milners sell alternators with the vac unit for them for £125. brand new!

Comment

[QUOTE=BUSHWHACKER]
                    Originally posted by Surferjess
                    Now I can recall my second Alternator was of an F reg Landcruiser. QUOTE]

That would be an LJ70 Landcruiser then.
                    Milners sell alternators with the vac unit for them for £125. brand new!
                    I won't argue wiv ya Vince, but I think ya right !!!! all I know is Uncle Tony told me there's about five to choose from

There's always a Payback.... You just can't see em Comin till it's too late !!!!
                    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Surferjess
                      Originally Posted by drunkmonkeyboy latest update Quote:
                      Hey Michael any of these look familiar........the one I Modded one has a No2 on it, it looks identical to Mine (& I presume yours ) wiv a No7 on it, but the Diode/Brushpack is different.
                      Good Luck
                      Yep look just like the one with No 2 cheers for all the help fingers crossed its still working today!

Comment

Working...
                      X