Tyre wear and alignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
    Any DECENT garage will have the info for a 4Runner, so why do you need to know?
    Just leave it to them.
    Thats the problem....as they say they dont have the info for a Surf/4Runner. So that why I wanted to know, thought it was a simple enough question and I thank Vince for the info, ( but no use in taking the link off I stored and printed it off)
    To be honest my tyres seem to be wearing fine, but I am fitting 2 new rears soon so wanted to double check the tracking as I had the steering arm recall done on the car a few months ago.
    I can now show them the info, but is there a site or page with all the settinge etc for the Surf/4Runner. I have a Haines manual but its not in there either....

Comment

Originally posted by Bracpan
      Thats the problem....as they say they dont have the info for a Surf/4Runner. So that why I wanted to know, thought it was a simple enough question and I thank Vince for the info, ( but no use in taking the link off I stored and printed it off)
      To be honest my tyres seem to be wearing fine, but I am fitting 2 new rears soon so wanted to double check the tracking as I had the steering arm recall done on the car a few months ago.
      I can now show them the info, but is there a site or page with all the settinge etc for the Surf/4Runner. I have a Haines manual but its not in there either....
      Suggest you find a different garage. Both of the tyre fitting places I use have the data for 4Runner on a chart of the wall, and one of them even knew that Surf = 4Runner. Would tracking affect the rears anyway? All cars I've had that have had problems with tracking it affects front only. The back 'uns just get dragged along wherever that front point. (Well OK, RWD they push the front along...)
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Jesus this is getting hard work, ITS THE FRONT TYRES I WANT TRACKED... I am just replacing the rears because they have worn out , EVENLY...I have used the same garage for over 20 years, I also use it for setting up my racing car, caster camber toe in etc.. but I Like to know the settings for a vehicle before I go as I usually end up doing the job as I have used the gauges many times before. So as I have said simple enough question I thought. But at least Vince has given me some usefull info.
        Bye

Comment

Jesus this is getting hard work, ITS THE FRONT TYRES I WANT TRACKED... I am just replacing the rears because they have worn out , EVENLY...I have used the same garage for over 20 years, I also use it for setting up my racing car, caster camber toe in etc.. but I Like to know the settings for a vehicle before I go as I usually end up doing the job as I have used the gauges many times before. So as I have said simple enough question I thought. But at least Vince has given me some usefull info.
          Bye
          Bl00dy 'ell! Attitude.

This forum is extremely helpful generally, but if you post with attitude, the help might dry up.

I would have thought popping into a tyre fitters and checking on one of their charts would have got you the info faster than a post on here. It still seems odd to me that your garage where you set up your race car couldn't easily find the settings.

Anyway, for future reference, there is a lot of knowledge on this forum, and being nice usually elicits nicer answers. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
            Bl00dy 'ell! Attitude.

This forum is extremely helpful generally, but if you post with attitude, the help might dry up.

I would have thought popping into a tyre fitters and checking on one of their charts would have got you the info faster than a post on here. It still seems odd to me that your garage where you set up your race car couldn't easily find the settings.

Anyway, for future reference, there is a lot of knowledge on this forum, and being nice usually elicits nicer answers. Cheers.
            also this has been covered before and if you use the search button then you will find the info you need
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
              also this has been covered before and if you use the search button then you will find the info you need
              WELL SAID
              www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                WELL SAID

I sounded like Morr then............He taught me well..

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                  well Vince that is the 1st time i've seen you do that

It's the least I could do to prevent further upset.

didn't seem to have a the desired affect though.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                    It's the least I could do to prevent further upset.

didn't seem to have a the desired affect though.
                    he was too quick for you....

Comment

To answer an post from further back, any alignment place that can't find the specs for a 4Runner isn't one you messing with your truck.
                      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                        To answer an post from further back, any alignment place that can't find the specs for a 4Runner isn't one you messing with your truck.

Here they are Tony.....'the' 'want'.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                          Here they are Tony.....'the' 'want'.
                          'ERROR 417 - Fingers too fat for keyboard error'

Comment

Some people here need to get a life. Only asked a simple question....obviously not simple enough... Dont bother replying..
                            go and do some knitting

Comment

hi, i have all the information you could possibly need on wheel alignment, i'll post it up later, just finishing off the sleeves...(oh, aren't cuffs a swine to do..)
                              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Some people here need to get a life. Only asked a simple question....obviously not simple enough... Dont bother replying..
                                go and do some knitting
                                Oh, I'll bite, even though you are trolling. Stop being an ignorant nob.

Comment

Working...
                                X