coolant going

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coolant going

Went down to see joker yesterday, so before we left checked all the levels,coolant needed about a pint of water so topped it up and away we went. We where there for a few hrs, so before we left there I checked the levels again, coolant was down by about 3 pints, nothing in the expansion tank, to started worry but kept an eye on the temp guage all the way home, about 120 miles but it didn't move off normal. Checked it again this morning and again was about 3 pints down, so now starts the investigating, engine running fine no Smoke from exhaust, not bubbling in rad, thermostat opening ok, rad cap rubber ok, heater working ok no wet carpet so heater matrix ok. But no preasure in system with rad cap on and running for 30 mins, no vissable leaks anywhere, took pipe out of expansion tank and noticed that the pipe was dribbling water out slowly. It was the Rad cap knackered but not visably, put new cap on now its getting normal preasure and everything is ok now.
    Phew, glad I check the levels regularly since I'd had overheating probs with my late 2.4 or it could have gone unnoticed and blown the head or worse.
    Lucky Lucky Lucky
    If it aint broke dont fix it

should have checked it properly down here,
    i got a new rad cap here

perhaps you would'nt have ate all my trifle
    ps having my spare trifle after dinner lol
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker??

perhaps you would'nt have ate all my trifle
      ps having my spare trifle after dinner lol
      Good I spat in it lol