Lucky Boy. Brrrm Brrrm.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucky Boy. Brrrm Brrrm.

I took my truck into a garage a couple of weeks ago to get the back window fixed before I threw a brick through it out of frustration.

When I dropped it in, I mentioned that it occasionally made a weird noise, kind of sometimes a tapping, sometimes a squeaking, changing with engine speed. Almost like the fan belt was slipping, only the fan belt wasn't slipping. I got the appropriate weird look but he promised me he'd start it up a few times whilst it was in a see if he could hear it.

Eventually the noise appeared again and was traced to the cambelt area. The cover was removed and there for all to see was a bolt that had come loose and gone for a little trip around in the belt a few times.

I finally saw bolt and belt today. Needless to say, the bolt was in a pretty ropey state. The belt was fine apart from a bit of scuffing on the edges AND a dirty great big hole in the middle of it.

After all my 5hitty luck with two trucks in less than a year, it looks like I finally got that payback that Surferjess assures us all is coming. 120 quid for a cambelt against 3 grand for a new engine

Then I drove it home. Without a bolt going round in the middle of the cambelt, it sounded much better - making that nice burbling noise that I bought it for and going 'grrrrr' everytime I put my foot down (which might become very common now ).

V6s rule. Well, they're sort of the Prince of Wales, V8s are the Queen, V10s are the Pope, V12s are the Sultan of Brunei and the W16 in the Bugatti Veyron is God.

you were lucky there then sancho,if that were me it would of cost me a new engine,i seem to have that sort of luck.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

but did they fix the rear window:

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
        V6s rule. Well, they're sort of the Prince of Wales, V8s are the Queen, V10s are the Pope, V12s are the Sultan of Brunei and the W16 in the Bugatti Veyron is God.
        are you saying that single pot 50cc mopeds are the $hit on your shoe?
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by foggy
          but did they fix the rear window:
          Well, after talking to me about it last week, yes. Sort of. I got them to pull all that cr@p out and just hook it up to the switch so it goes up and down. If I can get hold of a key switch, they can get it to run off the key too. If I ever happen to be in the boot and decide to open it without lowering the glass I'll be in the doodoo, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

Toyota can stick their 250 quid for a new relay box right up their arse.

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
            are you saying that single pot 50cc mopeds are the $hit on your shoe?
            No, they rule too, but something very small and insignificant. Kind of like my boss. Who is actually a bit like the 5hit on my shoe come to think about it.

Comment

I took my truck into a garage a couple of weeks ago to get the back window fixed before I threw a brick through it out of frustration.

When I dropped it in, I mentioned that it occasionally made a weird noise, kind of sometimes a tapping, sometimes a squeaking, changing with engine speed. Almost like the fan belt was slipping, only the fan belt wasn't slipping. I got the appropriate weird look but he promised me he'd start it up a few times whilst it was in a see if he could hear it.

Eventually the noise appeared again and was traced to the cambelt area. The cover was removed and there for all to see was a bolt that had come loose and gone for a little trip around in the belt a few times.

I finally saw bolt and belt today. Needless to say, the bolt was in a pretty ropey state. The belt was fine apart from a bit of scuffing on the edges AND a dirty great big hole in the middle of it.

After all my 5hitty luck with two trucks in less than a year, it looks like I finally got that payback that Surferjess assures us all is coming. 120 quid for a cambelt against 3 grand for a new engine

Then I drove it home. Without a bolt going round in the middle of the cambelt, it sounded much better - making that nice burbling noise that I bought it for and going 'grrrrr' everytime I put my foot down (which might become very common now ).

Sorry to hear of yer troubles Sancho, I'm not really the son of Satan
              Glad yer troubles were only minor ones tho !!!!!!!
              Good Luck M8

There's always a Payback.... You just can't tell when it's your turn !!!!
              Buncefield Burner

Comment

No, they rule too, but something very small and insignificant. Kind of like my boss. Who is actually a bit like the 5hit on my shoe come to think about it.
                what about ones with pizza boxes on the back?

i guess they rule when they're delivering to my tummy, but not any other time!!

Comment

Originally posted by Surferjess
                  Sorry to hear of yer troubles Sancho, I'm not really the son of Satan
                  Glad yer troubles were only minor ones tho !!!!!!!
                  Good Luck M8

There's always a Payback.... You just can't tell when it's your turn !!!!
                  I already had all the bad stuff happen. Now I'm getting the good payback with random good luck .

I seem to suddenly be up to the eyes in lovely ladies at the moment too. Just waiting for the next lottery draw

Comment

I seem to suddenly be up to the eyes in lovely ladies at the moment too. Jus
                    Websites don't count!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                      Websites don't count!

lucky he didn't say he was "up to his eyeballs in a woman"

that would just be downright rude!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                        lucky he didn't say he was "up to his eyeballs in a woman"

that would just be downright rude!
                        Well I was going to say 'knee deep' and I thought you'd probably all feel the need to point out that I was doing it all wrong.

I've got a Mac. Just keep your finger on the F9 key and you can get all windows on your screen to shrink to fit so you can look at multiple sites at the same time. Useful in this day and age, let me tell you....

Comment

Well I was going to say 'knee deep' and I thought you'd probably all feel the need to point out that I was doing it all wrong.

I've got a Mac. Just keep your finger on the F9 key and you can get all windows on your screen to shrink to fit so you can look at multiple sites at the same time. Useful in this day and age, let me tell you....

hehehe!! you've got a mac on.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                            hehehe!! you've got a mac on.
                            But is it a big mac?

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                              But is it a big mac?

That depends if he's a 'big boy'.

Comment

Working...
                              X