De bumpered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• De bumpered

Removed rear bumper yesterday in preperation for the new one being made up.
    Thought i'd post some pics so people can see what it's like underneath that chrome exterior .Removed underslung spare wheel as well,what a difference in ground clearence
    www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Originally posted by smithsurf
    Thought i'd post some pics so people can see what it's like underneath that chrome exterior .Removed underslung spare wheel as well,what a difference in ground clearence
    Already seen some offroaders doing exactly that...

Comment

so what sort of design did you go for in the end then smithy.just curious bcoz i need to do something to the rear of mine but not quite sure what at the mo.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Well!!!!

After considering box section,tubular,channel i think i'm going to go for the 3" box section.

I've added a wee drawing that i've done. Tried to scan it
        It's basically 3" box all round in a u shape to protect rear and sides,with edges cut off as shown (if you can make it out).
        10mm plate to chassis,still drawing design!!!!
        Going to drill some holes right through front to back and line with tube so it'll take a high lift jack.

Comment

Plate, bumper to chassis bracket( i think)

Comment

Can

I have first refusal on the old bits

Comment

that should look pretty cool when its completed smithy.post some piccys when your done.
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
                that should look pretty cool when its completed smithy.post some piccys when your done.
                Think you'll have yours finished by the time i get mine done with the speed you knock things out at!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by slowdown.harrison@gmail.c
                  I have first refusal on the old bits
                  What you lookin for???
                  Quater panels are done i'm affraid.

Comment

Think you'll have yours finished by the time i get mine done with the speed you knock things out at!!!!!!
                    hehe,so ive been told,but not this time.ive got decorating to do before i touch the truck again,swmbo.
                    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Looking good Smiffy, Mine Looked like that before I bolted this back on !!!!

There's always a Payback.... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
                      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Well!!!!

After considering box section,tubular,channel i think i'm going to go for the 3" box section.

I've added a wee drawing that i've done. Tried to scan it
                        It's basically 3" box all round in a u shape to protect rear and sides,with edges cut off as shown (if you can make it out).
                        10mm plate to chassis,still drawing design!!!!
                        Going to drill some holes right through front to back and line with tube so it'll take a high lift jack.

Just had a thought. would the 3" box section all round be to heavy????

Starting to question my own sanity about now!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Just had a thought. would the 3" box section all round be to heavy????

Starting to question my own sanity about now!!!!!!!!!
                          it might stick out a bit on the sides.but it would also protect your bodywork
                          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
                            it might stick out a bit on the sides.but it would also protect your bodywork
                            Yeah hopefully it'll stick out a wee bit for panel protection. The box wall is gonna be 5mm thick!!!!!!!! Just was worried about the weight factor. Ahhhhhhhhhhh.....trial and error i suppose

Comment

Yeah hopefully it'll stick out a wee bit for panel protection. Just was worried about the weight factor. Ahhhhhhhhhhh.....trial and error i suppose
                              i wouldnt worry about the weight factor smithy,the box section is hollow.so it wont make that much difference.go for it.
                              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X