• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roll up Roll up

And watch the Ramblers latest fight

I'm getting me a ringside seat to this one

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Originally posted by UDTrev
    And watch the Ramblers latest fight

I'm getting me a ringside seat to this one

Trev
    How do a bunch of walkers get so much politcal clout? I like the 'right to roam' to include their back gardens, with vehicular rights!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      How do a bunch of walkers get so much politcal clout? I like the 'right to roam' to include their back gardens, with vehicular rights!

Oh yes Rather

I've been trained to drive a Steam Roller

Trev
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

I think I'll become a rambler, they seem to get heard instantly when they protest about trivial subjects. Maybe we should all become ramblers, joint their website and start up a protest about the lack of vehicles using veg oil and that we want to see more of those lovely yellow fields in the summer time.

p,s, don't tell 'em you drive any kind of vehicle though.

Comment

If they win this one they will want the farmers out of the countryside next.
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

They just ought to allow the ramblers access rights.
            Whilst it's still a live firing range.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
              They just ought to allow the ramblers access rights.

Whilst it's still a live firing range.
              now there's nothing wrong with that a moving target is better for practicing
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

What a bunch of muppets. Drive a challnger in thier gardens. The army are pretty good at clearing up the ranges, they might kill a few sheep, but hey you gotta eat.
                SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

"if the army is firing across the range you cannot go there."
                  erm.... go back another day???
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Considering the amount of flak, we, as 4x4 drivers, get from the media about what we drive & how we use our vehicles, having a go at another 'interest' group is a bit rich. I'm not for one second supporting the logic of the argument used in the BBC news item linked at the beginning of this thread, In fact, I strongly disagree with it, but the fact is that walkers & ramblers have managed to get themselves sufficiently organised to raise there profile to this kind of level & best of luck to them. If we & similar interest groups could exert that kind of leverage we'd do a lot more for ourselves rather than sniping (rifle range joke here) at other groups. Considering all the bad press, we need togo on the offensive to try & influence decisions made about bio-diesel, veg oil etc & let people know that we are not just a bunch of greedy, resource draining morons. I know, to some, I probably sound as if I'm taking this a bit seriously but, right now, this government & most of the opposition parties have got me really $$$$ed & I honestly believe that we should be targeting them & not other interest groups.

Comment

I agree with Mike that the Ramblers have shown how to themselve noticed, but as a organisation they are completely pro themselves and anti everyone else no matter how legitimate, and are beyond help.
                      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Fraser
                        Considering the amount of flak, we, as 4x4 drivers, get from the media about what we drive & how we use our vehicles, having a go at another 'interest' group is a bit rich. I'm not for one second supporting the logic of the argument used in the BBC news item linked at the beginning of this thread, In fact, I strongly disagree with it, but the fact is that walkers & ramblers have managed to get themselves sufficiently organised to raise there profile to this kind of level & best of luck to them. If we & similar interest groups could exert that kind of leverage we'd do a lot more for ourselves rather than sniping (rifle range joke here) at other groups. Considering all the bad press, we need togo on the offensive to try & influence decisions made about bio-diesel, veg oil etc & let people know that we are not just a bunch of greedy, resource draining morons. I know, to some, I probably sound as if I'm taking this a bit seriously but, right now, this government & most of the opposition parties have got me really $$$$ed & I honestly believe that we should be targeting them & not other interest groups.

It's not sniping against ramblers in general, rather just the god complex that
                        certain of their members seem to have acquired. Agree regarding your point
                        that a cohesive, and publicly heard unbiased opinion regarding the biodiesel
                        and vegetable oil situation would be a godsend. Truth of the matter, however,
                        is that probably very few people can afford the time and capitol required to
                        reach that position. It doesn't just require devotion. It requires money as well.
                        Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Comment

why don't we organise a fair fist fight in madonna's back garden?

guy richie knows some pykies (and brad pitt) that will be glad to join in!
                          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Don't get me wrong. I'm not particularly pro ramblers although I enjoy hill walking myself & I know they have more than their fair share of fruitcakes. I just feel, as a pressure group, they have got themselves really well organised. I'd just like groups like ourselves to be as well organised & have as much clout. I'd love to log onto a ramblers website & see them moaning about the power 4x4 drivers exert. I just feel, instead of having a go at them we should perhaps look at how they got such power. I fully appreciate that it requires time, dedication & mostly, money but surely, if a bunch of kagool wearing walkers can get themselves sorted, it can't be beyond our abilities?

Comment

Working...
                            X