Bodylift - the pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bodylift - the pictures

Many thanks to Bushwhacker for providing moral support and brute force again

The bumper brackets needed modding in order to fit the new brackets, but that was all really. Everything else went dead easy. Bottle jack is better than a trolley jack as it lifts straight up - important it seems - we used the original toyota one on a big pile of timber blocks.

Anyway, see the pics. Bushwhackers truck (the burgundy one) has a 3" suspension lift, mine has 3" suspension lift and now the 2" bodylift. Taking the steps off (Bushwhackers truck) certainly gives a much higher appearance, but the missus will kill me if I take mine off!

Cheers Danno / Jotto for the kit. Works just fine!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Originally posted by Apache
    Many thanks to Bushwhacker for providing moral support and brute force again

The bumper brackets needed modding in order to fit the new brackets, but that was all really. Everything else went dead easy. Bottle jack is better than a trolley jack as it lifts straight up - important it seems - we used the original toyota one on a big pile of timber blocks.

Anyway, see the pics. Bushwhackers truck (the burgundy one) has a 3" suspension lift, mine has 3" suspension lift and now the 2" bodylift. Taking the steps off (Bushwhackers truck) certainly gives a much higher appearance, but the missus will kill me if I take mine off!

Cheers Danno / Jotto for the kit. Works just fine!
    it's looking good but don't worry about the mrs just tell her to carry one of those plastic step thingy's with her so she can get in and out without the steps..lol Hopefully i will have all mine done by xmas.Did you get the extended brake hose for yours and if so where did you get from and how much
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

No extended brake hose, just had a look at everything whilst lifting to make sure nothing was getting supertight. I do need to loosen the grommit bracket where the steering column goes through the firewall and cut it away a bit as the rubber bit is now being filed down by the splines on the shaft!

One thing I would say is that on mine and Bushwhackers trucks, the spline inside the cabin is already extended (about 15mm or so being gripped, about 30mm showing - this is OK according to Bushwhacker's manual) so if you do need to loosen it, then check the top one in the engine bay, there was more to play with on that one on my truck, but I guess it depends on how it was originally set up.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

thanks boss

Comment

Hello, I'm home now, got in at 3:45, bluddie road works!!

Well, what a lovely day, extra hour in bed, trundle up to Malverne, nice cooked breakfast when I got there, nice sunny day to do a body lift on a Surf (a blue one!!!) we took three and a half hours, but could have easily done it in three 'cos we were faffing about with a high lift trolley jack, and the standard Surf bottle jack done the job in half the time albeit with the helf of some sturdy wooden blocks.
          The only fiddely bit was fitting the radiator drop brackets, but that was only due to the lack of space.
          Can't wait to do my truck, it looks so inadequate next to Apache's now, but first I'll need to give it a damn good clean!!

Cheers Andy, nice to meet you again.

p.s. So what we fittin' next then??

Comment

looking good guys,nice job.richard as soon as you are fit enough,just give me a ring and it will be sorted.
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
              looking good guys,nice job.richard as soon as you are fit enough,just give me a ring and it will be sorted.
              hopefully give it a couple of weeks and if your up for it then go for it then as long as your free and TLB aswell

Comment

good job lads!!
                doing mine over xmas hols hopefully!
                one question - does raised suspension and bodylift affect insurance premiums??
                i dont think it can be classed as a performance mod and does not increase speed or power and if anything will make me go slower into corners.
                any thoughts??
                Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes
                  good job lads!!
                  doing mine over xmas hols hopefully!
                  one question - does raised suspension and bodylift affect insurance premiums??
                  i dont think it can be classed as a performance mod and does not increase speed or power and if anything will make me go slower into corners.
                  any thoughts??
                  my insurance company just asked me (how much did the suspension modifications cost me).
                  www.overfab.uk

Comment

The way I see it, if you tell your insurance company what mods you have done to your truck, they'll think of a number, double it and add it on to your premium. Then, when you need to claim on your insurance, they'll only pay you what they would have paid out if the truck was bog standard anyway, so whats the point in giving them extra cash to 'play with' when you recieve no better cover than a standard (un-modified vehicle) policy.

Comment

thats cos they are theifing bas*ards mine charged me nearly £100 more for my 2" spring lift!!!
                      it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Originally posted by drunkmonkeyboy
                        thats cos they are theifing bas*ards mine charged me nearly £100 more for my 2" spring lift!!!
                        You need to get a new broker.

Linda's truck is currently running a 4" Suspension lift, 1 1/2" body lift, 33" tyres, Rear ARB locker (not fitted yet but told them it was so we're ready)etc.. And when we declared it all they said "thanks for letting us know, it won't increase your premium at all"

Good old A-Plan

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                          thanks boss

The original brake hose had enough slack in it for the lift 'cos of the spacer fitted to the brake pipes three way 'T' piece thats included in my kit.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                            You need to get a new broker.

Linda's truck is currently running a 4" Suspension lift, 1 1/2" body lift, 33" tyres, Rear ARB locker (not fitted yet but told them it was so we're ready)etc.. And when we declared it all they said "thanks for letting us know, it won't increase your premium at all"

Good old A-Plan

Adrian Flux charged me nothing extra either- just a £15 'admin fee' to ammend the policy details.

Comment

a-plan, they are great, no charge for the mods, and they are doing a great job on the insurance claim as well. no hassle, thats the way i ike it!
                              TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Working...
                              X