X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
    Apparently not.
    Correct.

After the lift, I bolted the bumper back onto the chassis with a view to moving it later. Well, that was three months ago........

It doesn't make much difference.
    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

The Milners kit doesnt come with any bracketry, so I'm told. Mine comes with all the bits!

The rad has to be dropped to avoid airlocking the rad as it ends up higher than the rad cap

I've suffered overheats plenty of times because I couldn't be @rsed to move mine!
      I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

It is also advisable once rad is lowered with the new brackets to fit a piece of foam to to underside of bonnet to infill the gap created between rad and bonnet and help force air through rad and not over it . This has been proved to help maintain a constant cooling temp on other vehicles I and others have modified before .
        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

My rad (an aftermarket one) was taller anyway - so much so that the rad cap touched the bonnet!

I need a nicer bash plate now, as the original one is so much more visible!

Where can I get a nice shiny ally one?
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I think the biggest issue is the fan won't line up with the rad cowl, if your lower cowl is missing then its fine, but if you have the lower half then drop the rad so you can use it still.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
              I think the biggest issue is the fan won't line up with the rad cowl, if your lower cowl is missing then its fine, but if you have the lower half then drop the rad so you can use it still.
              Ah... haven't put that bit of cowl back yet... I hope it's in the back of the truck...

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                My rad (an aftermarket one) was taller anyway - so much so that the rad cap touched the bonnet!

I need a nicer bash plate now, as the original one is so much more visible!

Where can I get a nice shiny ally one?

http://www.budbuilt.com/new/ifs.html

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                  Mingin!

I'd like something developed by Nasa with bare CF trim

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                    Mingin!

I'd like something developed by Nasa with bare CF trim

hehehe!! did you notice the state of the truck it's bolted to?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                      hehehe!! did you notice the state of the truck it's bolted to?
                      Yup, also mingin!

I seem to be the only one in work today! (Well, in my group anyway) Very weird. Wonder if I should be wearing a lone worker alarm...

Comment

Originally posted by Danno
                        The Milners kit doesnt come with any bracketry, so I'm told. Mine comes with all the bits!

The rad has to be dropped to avoid airlocking the rad as it ends up higher than the rad cap
                        ...unless it's a 3.0L TD the filler cap is on the radiator top anyway.

Comment

Working...
                        X