body lift bits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• body lift bits

Hi folks - I'm starting to aquire the hardware needed for my up coming bodylift.
    I found some nice nylon bar today enough for a full set at 2".
    this bar is 61mm dia. does it need to be 50mm?, as everyone has used or can I get away with it at stock size (61mm dia). would save a lot of turning work.
    Also before I go and remove all bolts to measure estimated new length, can anybody tell me what is the original lengths of the bolts are. I maybe able to find some nice stainless new ones.
    the rest of the brackets I will make as and when as i have a good stock of flat bar/plate, and hopefully (if i'm a good boy) mrs jaky cakes is buying me a mig welder for crimbo!!
    any help most welcome
    cheers
    Ali
    Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

I just bought the 1.5" bodylift from Milners, it was only £55 and everything is done for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy7160h
      I just bought the 1.5" bodylift from Milners, it was only £55 and everything is done for ya.
      So, how long are all the bolts, and what size?
      It just does, OK?

Comment

I've looked at milners and can't find them - any directions???

Comment

you could get the complete kit from Danno with all the bolts drop brackets included.I got the 2" kit from him at £75 but there is also p&p to go on that too which i think is about a tenner
          here's his website
          www.offroadtoys.org.uk
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes
            I've looked at milners and can't find them - any directions???
            Towards the bottom of this page. In the suspension section..
            It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
              Towards the bottom of this page. In the suspension section..

Cheers for that Dave, I couldn't find it because I only look at the kzn130 page. It should still fit it though shouldn't it???

Comment

i couldnt find it on there website if thats what you mean, i just phoned them up and done the business

Comment

Cheers for that Dave, I couldn't find it because I only look at the kzn130 page. It should still fit it though shouldn't it???
                  Yeah, the bodywork is the same whether it's the 2.4 or the 3.0.
                  It just does, OK?

Comment

Hi folks - I'm starting to aquire the hardware needed for my up coming bodylift.
                    I found some nice nylon bar today enough for a full set at 2".
                    this bar is 61mm dia. does it need to be 50mm?, as everyone has used or can I get away with it at stock size (61mm dia). would save a lot of turning work.
                    The front two spacers (near the rad) need to be 50mm dia since the 'pad' they will sit on is smaller there. The remaining 8 spacers along the sides of the car should be 60mm dia since the 'pads' are bigger here than the front two. It is better to use 60mm dia spacers at the sides, if possible, since the larger dia will always be much stronger. If possible you should also use larger diameter bolts too. Some body lift kits may only offer only M10 size bolts. If you move up to M12 they are nearly 40% stronger- quite important considering the increased length. Don't forget they're all that holds the body to the chassis! You will need to drill out some of the Toyota washers to take M12- but it's no big deal.

Here's my 'home cooked' Delrin 2 inch body lift kit- the two 50mm dia spacers are in the centre along with some 8" stainless M12 bolts!

Comment

What's the bush for, at the bottom, Nev?
                      It just does, OK?

Comment

I recall it was some kind of spacer I made up to replace the miniscule Toyota ones going through a rubber bush. It's made from 1/2" ID stainless pipe.

Comment

[QUOTE=laser_jock99]The front two spacers (near the rad) need to be 50mm dia since the 'pad' they will sit on is smaller there. The remaining 8 spacers along the sides of the car should be 60mm dia since the 'pads' are bigger here than the front two. It is better to use 60mm dia spacers at the sides, if possible, since the larger dia will always be much stronger. If possible you should also use larger diameter bolts too. Some body lift kits may only offer only M10 size bolts. If you move up to M12 they are nearly 40% stronger- quite important considering the increased length. Don't forget they're all that holds the body to the chassis! You will need to drill out some of the Toyota washers to take M12- but it's no big deal.

Here's my 'home cooked' Delrin 2 inch body lift kit- the two 50mm dia spacers are in the centre along with some 8" stainless M12 bolts!

QUOTE]

many thanks
                          Ali

Comment

does this kit include bumper and rad brackets??

Comment

does this kit include bumper and rad brackets??
                              Apparently not.
                              It just does, OK?

Comment

Working...
                              X