No Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Drive

Before I had my Surf, for my sins I had an old SWB Shogun. That failed it's MOT and got retired to over our shoot for the gamekeeper to bounce around in . Yesterday it lost all drive. I went over there today to have a look at it and sure enough still no drive. The gamekeeper blames the clutch but I think the clutch seems to be working fine and have no recollection of the clutch slipping in the past. The gearlever seems to feels as good as it ever did, and it seems to drop into gear nicely. The 2/4 wheel drive lever makes no difference what position it is in and is feels as it should do/did before. I started it up, put it into gear and let the clutch up and there are no horrible noises coming from the clutch but there are also no drop in revs. I had it running and in gear and looked underneath and I could not see any props turning whatsoever, and again no horrible noises. The clutch reservoir is full.
    Any help or suggestions would be great as it would be a shame to bin it now as it's probably more useful now than it ever has been! Thanks, Den.

to the basement with you,you cant talk about mitsu wassisnames on here.
    Last edited by surfenstein; 26 October 2006, 19:45.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Yeah, I know its cheeky, but i dont know of a better one do you?

Comment

your not wrong there,someone will come to your aid soon i should think.just a though maybe the transferbox is knackered.
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Sounds like it's either the clutchplate or flywheel thats broken.

Comment

Somebody nicked the prop shafts.

I had a Cortina where the flywheel came adrift but that made a racket for a few seconds................... then nothing.
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

As i suspected then! I will have to talk to the gamekeeper tomorrow and see if I can get out of him exactly what happened, noises and everything , then go from there. All sounds a bit terminal to me . "Another dead Mitsi" I hear you cry! Thanks for help. Den

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                Somebody nicked the prop shafts.

I had a Cortina where the flywheel came adrift but that made a racket for a few seconds................... then nothing.
                good old cortinas hey, i had few in my early days of driving, the best one being the 2l crusader! that i remember being very fast!
                CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Mine was a Mk2. It was originally a 1600 but had a 2L lump in it. It still had the original 1600 diff in. It didn't go any faster but got there hellish quick. The diff wore out quick and it used to sound like a squadron of Lancaster bombers was in the boot.
                  It's only a hobby!

Comment

ask on here mate.

www.plcuk.co.uk

they are a helpful bunch
                    TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

a couple of pics of my corty,recognise the engine

www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...