only the radio and lights etc are working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorted.... Bleeding alarm!

Partly because the wife had not mentioned any funny noises when starting, partly because all of the fuses were alright and partly because of the recent thread where the solution was the ECU, I decided to isolate the alarm system first.

And that cured the problem.

I'd just like to thank all concerned for the help and guidance. The wife is now Very Happy with me ('till the next time) and I'm just very happy that the problem occurred on my driveway....

So next Sunday will be spent fitting a new alarm...

Any recommendations?
    Last edited by deadfamous; 29 October 2006, 19:32. Reason: Offer of thanks.

Comment

I'm having a similar problem. How do you actually go about isolating/shorting the immobiliser/alarm? Where is the wiring likely to be?

Cheers,

Dan
      Dan

Comment

You should be able to short it behind the lower dash. Pull it off (the lower dash panel that is) and then use a current tester to find the right wires.
        @africa4x4cafe
        [url]www.africa4x4cafe.com[/url]

Comment

You should be able to short it behind the lower dash. Pull it off (the lower dash panel that is) and then use a current tester to find the right wires.

I've actually had to remove my afternakrket immobiliser completely as one of the contacts inside had broken off. Again it's just a matter of experimentation.
          @africa4x4cafe
          [url]www.africa4x4cafe.com[/url]

Comment

Working...
          X