Working hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
    Slim - whatever company it is that you work for, they should be hung.

Aside from Working Time Directive (coz you can sign out of it) 130 hours a week = 18 hours for 7 days. Madness and very dangerous. You're risking your health and whoever you're working with.

After an accident the court case would be quite straight forward though!
    I know all about it m8 its not big and its not clever to do these hours.
    The only reason i do is because i would not be able to survive on lets say 40 hours a week at my pay rate. Iam interested in moving jobs but cant get anything that betters the amount that iam now on.
    CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Im finding hard at the moment

I drive to Banbury to deliver a trailer of empty bread baskets which 2hrs away from Stevenage. I then take my 45min break swap trailer and drive back to Stevenage. This is the difficult bit is to find someone to clamp the baskets off the back and then reload with empty baskets again for the morning....

Ive never had such an easy job

I think they call it rocket science
      Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
        I hate to say this Sluggy, but it's a 48hr average week over a 17 week period (in my companys case)and not 45hrs.

Yes, 60hrs is the limit for a working week, but POA and breaks are not classed as work, so although you are getting paid for 65hrs, the 5 1hr breaks I took during the week effectively mean I've only worked 60hrs.
        yeah, sorry, i meant 48 hours...

i think everyone's doing it different... but 60 hours is the max... even what counts as POA is confusing...

all in all, it's a $$$$y euro idea that doesn't work.
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by slim
          you must be on good money now then cause thats not a bad wage!!
          not for 120 hours!!

i'd be more than happy with £1100 every week, bit not doing 120 hours to earn it!!
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I'm a part timer, I do 18 hours a week for the youth service, and another 3 hours counselling kids within schools. When you hear the stuff I do, you don't wanna work anymore!
            Damian

http://www.themudlife.co.uk

Comment

I am self employed Sports Physio and do three days a week in my clinic, which is about 36hours and loads of money. Then I occasionally do a bit of for the England Rugby team
              SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Working...
              X