Working hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working hours

How many working hours do you guys and gals do?

So far this week (Mon-Tue-Wed) I've done 45hrs, three 15hr days, can't remember what I did Sat and Sun, but a total of around 65hrs this week (breaks and POA allows for the extra). Tomorrow and Fri off then back to the grind!!

I would have done more, but as I'm a lazy Englishman I thought I would do a lot less than a Polish driver in order to maintain our lazy reputation...

Aye right enuf, DRIVING must be hard work?? Away and get a real job ya skivin git!

PS. Any cheap dzl or TV's?

Comment

My standard working week is 37 hours, however when I'm away on trials it can be 70 - 80 hrs, mainly overnight. Thats knackering!
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

anywhere between 27 and 80.5 work 4 on 4 off days and nights and as i'm maint. personnel we need to cover every shift from sick and holidays, came back from my own hols to do 2 70 hour weeks.

joy

but the moneys nice to fund my snorkel!
        TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

I work an average 37 hour week but we worked out our own roster (the boss loves it because it has more scope for overtime). We worked it so that we get 2 straight weeks off in five. In between the other shifts we only get 3-4 days off. I finished Tuesday morning and go back Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday next week, then another weekend off.

Guess which weekends the pay and play/expeditions/ meets come up on. Yep, rostered weekends.
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

this week i am working a 7 day 77 hour night shifts! get a week off after so not too bad. average 37.5 the rest of the time. its enough for me
            . the misses works much harder does 13 hour night shifts and only gets a day of then back to 11 hour days . but then she is a doctor, but it does mean that time together can be limited
            it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Pretty much every minute I'm awake. The downside of having your workshop
              where you live.

Comment

i used to do maintenance on english heritage site all over the south. i was doing 75 hour weeks regular, average day drive somewhere in a 1 ton truck with a ton and a half on board, work through till its dark, go home. i woke up driving on the grass bank on the other side of the hard shoulder of the m4 and decided to change jobs...
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

you can't count POA for the 5 hours over you've done!...
                  only for accounting towards a 45hr average
                  60 hours is you maximum working time.... if you're on POA then you're still working...

but no-ones doing it right anyway!... i was averaging about 70 hours over the summer but a lot of that was card out and rigging.

trouble with the polish is the rates seem to have stuck cos they're only on minimum wage... no one wants to pay... even your place are still advertising at only £9-13 ph (AGY)... it was more than that 3 years ago!
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

the least hours ive done is about 35, and the most being 113, i think thats the third highest in my company, with the other two being in the 130,s
                    CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

i was working for a sameday courier company when i was about 22... i did 120 hours one week and got paid £1100...

i was well chuffed!... bought a minidisc player and video camera!

how things change!... i'd be well peed off with that money now!
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                        i was working for a sameday courier company when i was about 22... i did 120 hours one week and got paid £1100...

i was well chuffed!... bought a minidisc player and video camera!

how things change!... i'd be well peed off with that money now!
                        you must be on good money now then cause thats not a bad wage!!
                        CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                          you can't count POA for the 5 hours over you've done!...
                          only for accounting towards a 45hr average
                          60 hours is you maximum working time.... if you're on POA then you're still working...

but no-ones doing it right anyway!... i was averaging about 70 hours over the summer but a lot of that was card out and rigging.

trouble with the polish is the rates seem to have stuck cos they're only on minimum wage... no one wants to pay... even your place are still advertising at only £9-13 ph (AGY)... it was more than that 3 years ago!

I hate to say this Sluggy, but it's a 48hr average week over a 17 week period (in my companys case)and not 45hrs.

Yes, 60hrs is the limit for a working week, but POA and breaks are not classed as work, so although you are getting paid for 65hrs, the 5 1hr breaks I took during the week effectively mean I've only worked 60hrs.

Comment

Originally posted by slim
                            the least hours ive done is about 35, and the most being 113, i think thats the third highest in my company, with the other two being in the 130,s
                            Slim - whatever company it is that you work for, they should be hung.

Aside from Working Time Directive (coz you can sign out of it) 130 hours a week = 18 hours for 7 days. Madness and very dangerous. You're risking your health and whoever you're working with.

After an accident the court case would be quite straight forward though!
                            Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

i do three 7 hour days and then the next week four 8 hour night shifts and i have to work 8 weekend days sat or sun out of 13 weeks
                              I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

Working...
                              X