• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temp link to fitting guides

http://mysite.orange.co.uk/offroadto...58382765481703
    I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      Done one today, and one last week, and one next week!!!

Its all been said, but to recap some truck the fuel cap pipe needs loosening, other it doesn't, I unbolt the grommet from round the steering column to avoid ripping the grommet, slot the hole and bolt it back, best place to lengthen the column is the join under the dash, it has the longest splines and can't be seen easily.

Remove the bumper

Brake lines you can just uncurl the loops a little.

Take the lower shroud of the rad if you can, or loosen the rad first of the fan will get jammed on the shroud.

biggest hassle is the shifters, I've tried rebending them, but its lots of hassle, best off just enlarging the hole so the 4wd lever sits back properly. and check the auto shifter select all the gears properly. On manual trucks the rear of the hole needs opening out as lever hits the opening in 4th and the 4wd lever won't go into 4H properly.

Remember any bull bar or A-bar won't fit anymore, especially if it has upper mounts that go through the grill, you need to fab some brackets to mount it higher up.

I take it you do them outside? Mine looked quite tight! Maybe Danno will make you up a garage roof lift kit?
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
        I take it you do them outside? Mine looked quite tight! Maybe Danno will make you up a garage roof lift kit?
        hehe, nah, this one's in the garage.

Linda's truck still fits in, just skims the rear spoiler on the frame, thats with 4" suspension lift, 1 1/2" Body lift and 33" tyres.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
        X